Integrals Posts Poll

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lukehh, Dec 28, 2016.

?

Do you want Integral's posts at AudioZ?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2017.
  1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    46.0%
  3. Yes, but with some changes in AudioZ structure

39 vote(s)
    31.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I dont mean Plugins...I like his Kontakt Library posts most. Maybe there's also a site for this stuff...but why crawling several sites when we all can have it here?

2. recycle

recycle Guest

So, result of the poll is clear: Integral's job is not welcome on Audioz. Now what?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

So why dont simply include something to the search function like an "-Free"...to show everthing without the posts that have the word "free" in its title? Maybe its alread possible this way...never tried it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Its the same with the oboom method. Once a file has been transferred to any users oboom acount, oboom will not download this file again from uploaded.to but simply transfer the file from their own server to you acount.

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

If it comes to pass that @SAiNT disallows such postings for Integral, it's doubtful he will allow it to continue in the same
    vein by someone else.. eh? Mods can delete the post if it violates a newly adopted rule in the matter.. so I don't see
    this as an issue.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Scarlett

Scarlett Guest

If https://audiosex.pro/members/1/ bans iNTEGRAL he would be following a double standard... either ban everyone for making money with releases or no one at all. It would be so simple to just filter iNTEGRAL's posts out if it hurts your eyes... SAiNT I know I am nothing to you, but I am really mad about this...

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I don't have a lot of faith in how polls are handled at audioz. Anyone remember what happened after we voted on whether mirrors should be allowed?

First and foremost, audioz is a business. I think saint will side with whoever is generating clicks for his site. Why else has this problem been able to exist for so long?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Oh, I had no idea about that. The people he was having this conversation with were users that were known to me to have a post history, so I didn't really look into it any further. I just thought it was bizarre that he was threatening to ban people over it. So the fact he was replying to, I believe, a known user gave me one impression while the reality might have been something different. Tbh the fact that I stumbled across this conversation at all is surprising, so the fact that I don't know all the details is not. I check AZ often enough to know what gifts people are getting, and occasionally download some educational stuff... but I hardly ever dig any deeper than that.

9. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

I am ready to EXPLODE!!!!

after seeing this poll on sister site. THANK GOD!!!

there is a God!!!!

and then when I saw the results!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

At first it's like, "well yeah, some people like free stuff on AZ." But then duh, KVR

Also, it's not totally about the money to me, but more about getting rid of all his damn posts that take up room on the pages. I have HAD IT with that junk. It's absurd

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Erik_Menton

Erik_Menton Producer

While i agree that filtering seems the best solution, i disagree about the double standard, true freeware and pirated it's both free for users, yet while you may have no money to buy an expensive plugin the same can't be said for freeware, and when a developer release a free plugin i think supporting him it's the best we can do to incentivate and so increasing the quality of freeware.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. exr777

exr777 Producer

Yeahhh Finally!
    Let's what you have to say when you're part of this comunity more then a week!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Erik_Menton

Erik_Menton Producer

to be fair, i have been on audioz for a couple of year before registering here and i think im not the only one, besides, it wouldnt be the first time a long time member leaves and register with a new account.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

because of my birthdate on here?.. you think it's not possible I have been there since at least 2/2014?

c'mon dude... a little sense.

Please

14. exr777

exr777 Producer

Ok. I get that.

@GreatJobChamp
    "I have Had it with that Junk"
    This is not your site. You don't own anything here. It's Disrespectful to every other member here.
    This should be a community about music, where people should be tolerant to one another, and we are discussing "junk" people give for free.
    "Taking up room on the pages" ??? Man, that's just disgusting.

If it's in the rules, we shouldn't be discussing this kind of thing.
    If not, change the rules. And it's always SAiNT call.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

Interesting topic.

1. I agree with the idea that Kontakt libraries that are created and offered to the public as donation ware for CHARITY are a pretty sleazy thing to upload. I avoid those myself.

2. I personally find it valuable to have access and to be made aware of Freeware products and to be able to anonymously download them here. I really don't like having to create accounts and then get spammed daily for a chance to check out some crippleware. It is rude. If I am impressed or find a use for the Freeware I probably will go buy the full deal, but the time I spend deleting all those daily spams adds up. Who knows what kind of information you are leaving when you sign up for these email verified accounts. They are capturing your IP along with your email. Who knows how that will come back to bite you later when you least expect it?

3. Whenever you get something for free, you are the product (That includes here. Think about it.)

4. It is tremendously hypocritical to go after anyone in this situation for making any amount of money off of someone else's hard work, talent, intelligence, marketing investment and skill. I find the sentiments like "support the developers" to be intellectually dishonest or ill-considered statements. Unless you mean support them by giving them your info and getting spammed. Supporting them means buying the products they developed and are offering to the public. Everything else is just empty useless hypocritical talk.

5. The value of this community is that information flows through it and we all benefit, whether it is the announcement of a new product or the warning about the ramifications of installing legit alongside cracked stuff.... If I was a developer I would be loading up system shredding viruses to sites like these on an hourly basis. I think there is safety in numbers with the more technically brave members clearing the way for everyone else.

6. I don't understand the issue with skipping over something that doesn't interest you? There are many more posts that don't apply to me than do. I have the ability to skip over them, I didn't realize this was a rare talent.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

Freeware on the forums in posts.
    "Other" stuff on the sister site.

I'm sure everyone understands why.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  17. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Freeware isn't free, you always have to jump through some hoops, like liking their page, signing up for their mailing list, or creating an account.
    And I don't want to do that...

If we could just restructure AZ so that there was a section just for freeware like maybe top half of Archives or mix it in with Archives instead of Fresh Releases.

At the end of the day we have a year's salary worth of software installed on our systems and are complaining about having to scroll a couple clicks more to go past a freeware post, or upset that Integral is making like $0.003 per download off of Freeware, which I'm sure hes putting back into the system.

18. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

But posting Freeware in a thread is bullshit. Someone posts something 10 people are writing comments..then the next one posts the next stuff, also 10 people are discussing it....and so on! Thats not appropriate. There has to be solution that grants a good overview. I really dont want to scroll through 100 sites of a freeware thread to find things I'm interested in and I dont already own! On AudioZ I always press the "thanks"-button and so I can see if I already have downloaded or not. The best solution would be posting it at AudioZ either in a new column (Freeware) or expanding search function so you can exclude words like "Free" or giving the users the possibility to use a checkbox like "see erverything with/without Freeware".

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

SAINT is a genius...I think he knows about what would be the best solution. But if you want to write him do it. I have no problem if you would use my idea (even if I think they are absolutely obvious)

20. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i think we should create a freeware section where we can post only freeware stuff.
    so far we have categories, scene, P2P and audioz, so we started to label it with [FREE].

i keep checking the freeware stuff always, despite i stopped posting anything in the direction.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List