Integrals Posts Poll

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lukehh, Dec 28, 2016.

?

Do you want Integral's posts at AudioZ?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2017.
  1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    46.0%
  3. Yes, but with some changes in AudioZ structure

39 vote(s)
    31.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

There's actually an poll about Integrals posts at sisters site. There's no possiblity to discuss it in the thread. So maybe we can discuss it here.
    My mind to this topic is a little bit ambivalent. On the one hand I dont like it when people try to make money with uploads (no matter if Freeware or not) ... The only reason would be to compensate own costs if someone buys and share software, presets or Libraries. On the other hand without Integrals freeware posts, I would miss about 99% of all freeware because I wouldn't recognize it exists. I think its also a great work to search freeware stuff from all over the web and make posts about it at siters site. I think as long as Integral posts the original developers source/site its absolutely OK. We all can decide to download from his links or from developers site.

SAiNT: I would also like to add the same poll here, since lukehh already created this topic... i guess it won't hurt :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  3. mono

mono Audiosexual

@ lukehh i would agree with you as well , its just what happent with R2R last year
    thats going to make it hard on him at the moment
    as this info has just been posted by R2R in the last few day and what one one call bad timeing,
    but as they say what goes around comes around but i never buy around .anyways merry new year :cheers:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

What info you're talking about? Merry xmas and a happy new year to you too! :mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

unless someone has the recipe for humans to equally share the ressources they steal from the planet, i have nothing against that.

is money really the problem here ?
    how much money are we talking about ?
    why is it bad to act like he does ?
    who am I and what are you doing in my room ?

so many questions... :knock:

I'm glad people take time to share.
    take care

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

If it's free already.. then people can search it out and post it with link to the dev's site...

we get to know about it, and the dev gets the traffic for their generosity.... just means the profit motive is removed
    and then we get to show each other if we care or not to present this material... might be slower.. but these things
    would show up sooner or later anyway... :wink:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Would you search 24/7 the net for freeware to post it here? I think not! Integrals only motivation to do it is affiliate money...thats clear. But lets face it...Who would do this job without any refund? I really dont see the problem with his posts...If you want to support him, take his links to download..if you want to support the developer, take the original link. Its really easy!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

Please let Integrals do his thing, because now and then a nice freebie comes by and i agree with lukehh.
    I just visit the developers site. So it's a win for me and i also don't understand the problem.
    The only thing what annoys me sometimes is that he put 30 different post which could be a few or less.
    I really hope the freebie post's can stay.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

well if you are going to discuss it here... expect a variety of opinions..
    if you want to gauge whether you are with the majority then go look at the stats...

currently running about 65% not in favor of profiting off free/donationware..

In fact there was already a rather large discussion thread on this topic that prompted
    the poll in first place. You are here often.. don't tell me you didn't see it?
    Dunno if it is still out there or not... but should be searchable..

you don't object to it... but many people do...on principle

10. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

And millions of children hungry in the planet.....

11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

and people are poaching rare wildlife rhinos, elephants, bears and cheetahs for profit ,
    so the Chinese can make "medicine" to make their little dicks harder..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

I voted 'no' but there's a proviso. My ideal solution would be a simple compromise. Put them in the righthand column under archives. Leave fresh section for premium stuff. This allows people to see Integral's posts if they like, and keeps the fresh section clean for those who are not interested in freeware. Let's face it: there's a lot of garbage being posted by Integral, and if you're on AZ you want premium products. So separate the two and problem solved.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I'm ambivalent like lukehh. If I had to pick I'd say the site would probably be better without him, and someone would hopefully fill in the gaps without the manic frequency of his posts, the obvious piggybacking on--and consequent burying of--"real" releases from R2R and the like, and the brazen posting of stuff that is obviously garbage, on paid-only links no less. There's also the possibility that some other idiot would just pick up where he left off. A good alternative would be for someone with as much time but better intentions would beat him to the punch of some of this stuff, posting a mix of links. But of course nobody is as dedicated as a guy who is doing it for income.

The lack of any significant upvotes as compared to the mass of downvotes on integrals posts seems to be indicative that hardly anyone is finding this stuff useful, but I guess that could be misleading if people who don't comment and/or vote (who I imagine must be a huge majority of AZ's traffic) are downloading. That seemed to be Saint's point on this subject. Again though, I wonder if the purpose of piggybacking behind R2R's posts is not to mislead these same people into thinking this freeware and often crapware is something more substantial.

I understand Saint's position on this and I find it hard to disagree with him. However, I found the way he approached this issue a little... confusing? ostensibly asking users to explain why they downvote him and then using the consequent conversation to make thinly veiled threats that go as far as the prospect of being banned for simple downvoting. I have no idea as to why this particular issue was so incendiary to him and I think it weakened his position because, among the people on the other side of the fence, it seemed to raise doubts about his motivations.

The other facet of this conversation is the paid links for free software thing. I'm not going to moralize about the propriety of making money on warez/freeware(z) but I do think it's distasteful to simultaneously draw traffic away from someone who made a thing that he is giving away for free, while making other people pay for the service through which they download it. The word parasite gets thrown around a lot in this conversation, and without making any other value judgments, I do think this much is hard to argue against.

All that said. I'm on AZ out of curiosity rather than to download, and I have lots of opinions but no strong inclination in either direction so I'm not gonna vote on the poll. I guess we'll see how this plays out.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

That could be a way...but nevertheless the left columns name is "fresh releases" and not "fresh releases you normally have to pay for". I really dont see the problem with his posts?! At the beginning he sometimes misses to post developers links and also misses to mark his posts as "Free" and also sometimes he marked his releases as "exclusive"...But recently he does everything right. Maybe the best solution would be to give the user an possibility to choose if he want free stuff to be shown in the list or not. But as I already mentioned..I really dont see the problem. Is it really so hard to simply ignore stuff that is marked as "Free".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. HETISFRANK

HETISFRANK Producer

You can find this particular part inside the NFO brought to us with the IK Multimedia MODO Bass v1.0.2 release from R2R.

I think what is severely hurting iNTEGRAL's case is not just the fact he openly makes money (a living even?) posting freeware which seems ethically wrong to all kinds of people around. He is just a proven scumbag that sits people the wrong way, including me.

This NFO is the proof he is partially responsible for the leaks last Christmas, and upsetting R2R along with Sunny which lead to the releases from their side drying up at a certain point last year if I remember correctly. To me, the freeware he posts doesn't outweigh the R2R releases that help us try software or content libraries before making a purchase decision.

Combine this with the facts that iNTEGRAL has threatened LOADS of people on AudioZ through PMs, me among many others I know of. Also that he tried to make money over the backs of children in Africa by posting donation-ware as freeware this Christmas where all of the proceeds from the donations were going to the hungry children in Africa (something he obviously left out within his post) before it being deleted by the site staff. And smaller things like bloating all of his downloads with useless sound demos that can easily be found on SoundCloud and every other fucking thing even slightly related to the package he can find.

Overall, I just think he does the community far more harm than good and is way worse of a leech than any member that hasn't contributed anything to the community is. Besides, if I want to keep up with the latest developments on free software out there, I'm happy to just check out this amazing thread by Oysters and many other of our well-respected members.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  16. Kloud

Kloud Guest

That's an assumption of sorts. :dunno:
    I imagine many people would extract a great deal of satisfaction from simply making people aware of freeware and providing direct links.
    Again, I imagine many would be happy to do such a job without the expectation of remuneration fees.
    However, i'm the one now making assumptions :yes:
    It's a complicated issue and of course everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion.
    The various teams also have their own opinions and these should be respected above our wishes as to provide longevity with regards to what is a good ideal .
    I guess rather than make assumptions the best thing everyone can do is formulate an opinion an use the chance that site administration has rightly provided to express their wish.
    It's then up to the site administrator to make an informed choice which we should all accept and respect.
    JMO :yes::mates:

17. recycle

recycle Guest

I dont know if this poll recognize the IP of voter, so I voted NO maybe 200 times...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  18. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

didn't that involve people making multiple fake accounts to down vote @Integral 's posts, to counter @Integral 's alleged fake accounts made to multiply up votes for his posts? This made the whole affair more seedy and unseemly... and objectionable from an
    admin/mod standpoint I would suppose

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. somethin

somethin Member

There you go: https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/free/newest

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Haha, of course it makes sure you only can vote once! You can easily see if you vote 10 times but the polls total counter only rises 2. So next time better do something useful with your energy! :rofl:

21. HETISFRANK

HETISFRANK Producer

I could not possibly agree more with a post regarding this particular topic. Everything about this post is completely spot on about how I perceive the aforementioned events, not exclusively to iNTEGRAL but all other stuff mentioned as well. If I could give it more "Winner" tags I definitely would.

Depends on the times, whenever there is little freeware about they are a hassle at best. But there have been several times where he spammed the main page with 2 or more pages worth of freeware (from a single developer) instead of including everything within a single thread and separate the download links there. Worst of all, usually when that happens the freeware is absolute crap (no offense to the developers) and having to weed through multiple pages filled with that shit is extremely cumbersome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List