Instrumental music has a bright future

Discussion in 'Music' started by Herr Durr, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Well ya cant have an 'instrumental' thread without having the band that has been going since the 50's and only finished touring a few years ago:-

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Uu
    I actually live in Switzerland and am able to savor incredible Swiss chocolate every single day, have eaten insanely magnificent meals at some of the finest restaurants created by some of the worlds greatest chefs (as well as well as washing it all down with the most highly touted wines) and have made love to many of the most beautiful goddesses a man has ever laid eyes on in my incarnation as a wild young man with a nose for adventure while on the prowl in NYC and LA. To me, special, high musicical experience can hang with those other three no, problemo! Maybe I'm just easy to please.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

As responses go, it doesn't get much better than that ! Besides I'd swap a block of Gruyere Cheese for Chocky any day of the week!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

More than 90% of music listeners are just the normal ones and are ill-equipped, ineligible for and incapable of appreciating the subtleties in the way what we do. Even the Internet can't do anything considerable to that ratio.

There must be a strong and close connection between the artist and the audiences. For making that connection, being acquainted with them and respecting and thinking the sun shines out of their arses are indispensable.

In regard to the vocal music for example in Latin America people don't listen much to what people listen in the Europe and vice versa. You can't write their culture off and adhere to your own taste and just have a mind of yours and produce sth and expect those people to love it there. It's impossible.

Instrumental music is the best but isn't a perfect carrier for the culture as the human's voice.
    Perfect Instrumental Music VS. Average Vocal Music
    Most listeners would choose the second one and it's the reason that the mainstream is based on the vocal music.

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

Superlative but uncertain future::sad:

7. Recoil

Recoil Guest

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

The presentation of wholly imaginary statistics is an equivalent of proclaiming the benefits of "snake oil". This is my personal opinion, a position which I'm more than happy to discuss under a separate thread.

Despite decades of theoretical debate, there has been little attempt to empirically verify the actual global distribution of supposedly universal aspects of music. Therefore, with utmost respect, @foster911, I would much prefer you to thoroughly research your figures before you foist them upon the unfortunate AS readers as truthful statements. If you are incapable of citing peer reviewed sources, please preface your dismal prophecies of doom and gloom with words such as "In my opinion...", or "It is my belief..."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

the level of chicanery and sham in that 90% statement is so typical..
    with a tiny bit of honesty he would simple say: "90% dont give a crap about the cheap clinking i make" and not include us in it!

but, that would defeat the whole purpose..

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. foster911

foster911 Guest

I know what I'm talking about but don't have much time to compile and analyze some annual statistics to prove my statement.:wink:

11. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

:)You are now on my ignore list, @foster911. Chill out and have a great life. Bye-bye.

12. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm not the one you should ignore. I share what I find quite the opposite of @EddieXx. And for this subject I really don't have time. If I had I would give you very satisfying reasoning behind my remark.:mates:

PS:
    I love all members here and don't want people to ignore and not to try to face some sad and bare facts.:sad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2018
  13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

do hope it's a sunny day wherever you may be.. even if it's only shining in your heart

thanks one and all for the lovely notes,chords, and all the enjoyment that comes along with it
    from those who know the love and light of music... for everyone else.. it must really SUCK to be them :wink:

14. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

mm hmm simple and crisp...just a couple acoustic guitars sweetly singing, lovely m8... ahh.. liquidy sunshine indeed

17. Nice little one man jam!

I wish I had a chalet
    Of wood high on a berg
    I'd invite you all for fondue
    To come, I'd hope you would
    We could jam until the sunrise
    Ring in the coming day
    That would surely be fantastic
    Hanging out to play

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

^^^And that, folks, is merely @superliquidsunshine 's toolshed. You should see the main house. Wow!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Besides the chauffeur (Marcel by the way plays a wicked bass) the staff is off for the weekend, so last one that arrives needs to bring some pizza...I have the schnapps, beer and plenty of the verde.

[​IMG]

20. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Impressing - I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!