instrument belongs to a library... issue, not SNPID related

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by NiloFranck, Jan 2, 2023.

1. NiloFranck

NiloFranck Newbie

Hi!

So I'm one of the dozens who is writing here about the "this instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed" issue. I have searched the corners of this forum, but with no positive results so far. The issue is this:

I'm on Mac M1 running Kontakt 7. So far I've managed to install every library with relative ease using KiTTY's command files. I'm trying to install Spitfire Percussion. It's an older library, so it didn't come with an nicnt file, therefore I copied a template file and replaced name, regkey and SNPID. The nicnt file's SNPID number is original, I've checked every other library and none match the SNPID number. Besides, when I load up a separate instrument from the library it shows me the same error message, so I doubt it has anything to do with the SNPID.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks a bunch

3. toomba

toomba Newbie

Same issue for me. I am not trying to take over the thread but my process is below for info.

++++++++++
    Even though I can add and see the library in Kontakt v 5.6 and v6.7.1 and v7, I am getting the error “This instrument belongs to a library that is not currently installed”. Library is called Slate + Ash CHOREOGRAPHS.

For context, I added the library using Kontakt v5.6.0, then can see the library in all Kontakt versions (v5.6.0 and v6.7.1 and v7). I changed the SNPID from S70 (default) to ‘411’ in both the nicnt file and service center XML file. When the SNPID was left as S70 I had issues with the library disappearing when reopening Kontakt. When trying to open the library I get the same error in v6.7.1 and v7, that is “This instrument belongs to a library that is not currently installed”.

Side note – After adding the library in v5.6.0, at the bottom of the Kontakt window it does say ‘Library= ??? (not registered)’ and ‘Created by: unknown tool (unsupported)’. Perhaps the ‘not registered’ note is causing issues?

My specs are Macbook Pro M1 – OSX 11.0 Big Sur.

Any help is appreciated.

4. Shadowfox1446

Shadowfox1446 Noisemaker

I Too am here resurrecting the dead of this post because a few of my libraries wont load. Long ago it worked I updated to K7 now I get this error. How do we fix it?

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

6. Shadowfox1446

Shadowfox1446 Noisemaker

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

There is also an app I noticed recently noticed called Add Library for macOS v3.0. It's made by the guy who does those Kontakt instrument libs of old digital synths and workstations. You can find it on Sister Site. I tried it out just to see what it does, and it worked for the one lib I wanted to add, very easy to use like old K5.6. But that's all it really does. KLU is a much more complete solution.