Installing Omnisphere from scratch

Discussion in 'Software' started by gelatinaworld, Feb 4, 2020.

1. gelatinaworld

gelatinaworld Newbie

Hi guys :)
    I tried to install Omnisphere 2.6 (The Pirate) and it was all good until i had to authorize the program.
    I got a black screen for and the authorization screen didn't show up. I waited for an hour approximately and then i gave up, closed omnisphere and deleted the Spectrasonics folder, the dll's and tried to install Omnisphere again. I realized i didn't patch both dlls bruh.

After that, i copied the Spectrasonics folder from the .iso and pasted it on ProgramData. I ran the updater as administrator, patched both dll's and opened Omnisphere and guess what guys i got that neverending black screen again. Im now wondering if that's happening because i installed it the wrong way the first time and there are some remaining files that won't let me install it again.

Is there a way to completely uninstall omnisphere and install it again from scratch? Btw im using windows 10.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, english isn't my native tongue xD.

3. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Try update Graphics driver (openGL) authorize the plug with VSTHost (as ADMIN):wink:

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Two culprits: a slow system and graphics drivers. The black screen shows up and will last from a couple of minutes to several minutes. I have experienced times of more than one hour. It all depends on your system specs, slow systems with slow hard drives will take longer. Omnisphere needs to index the contents of the STEAM folder. On th other hand, you need to either update or roll back your graphics drivers. If you have more than one graphics card, try alternating among them.
    Other tips that may help are these: If you have the STEAM in C: drive make sure it is in the root AND that you have full permissions. Make user "everyone" the OWNWER. Prior to installing it again, delete the zmap. index file from the STEAM folder. If you had follow all my steps, and authorized it properly, sit back and relax. The black screen will disappear.

5. gelatinaworld

gelatinaworld Newbie

well, my gpu is a 4GB 1050ti and my processor is an AMD ryzen 2200G xD i had this program installed on my pc previously (before i formatted my pc because of a ransomware) and the black screen didn't last for more than 15 minutes

anyway i'll follow your instructions as you know more than me xD thanks

6. gelatinaworld

gelatinaworld Newbie

maybe omnisphere is using the integrated gpu?

7. gelatinaworld

gelatinaworld Newbie

YAYYYY I GOT THE AUTHORIZATION SCREEN BOYYYYYYY