installing new komplete kontrol updates problem

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by E.C.R, Jun 18, 2016.

1. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

i installed the new updates for komplete kontrol (hadnt got round to maschine yet) basically it kicked Morphestra 2 of the planet, i was not able to use it ,it would not register, i would load in Kontakt and reopen...gone again, reload try in maschine and komplete and get a "you must add this library" notice, kontakt gone again(legit) untill i reinstalled update 1.5 back,....awaiting Ni feedback....spent all day trying to solve this issue, ended up just being the update ................... be wary of these updates

3. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

I already contact them , they told me to wait for an update i believe 1.6.1 or 1.6.2
    So you have to wait for the update in this week
    The more people contact them about these kind of bugs the more they will fix it faster
    So me too I'm still using 1.5 for now till the next update

4. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

1.6.1 is out but i install and still same, maybe if skip 1.6 straight to 1.6.1 might work, but I will wait to I think

5. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

just installed maschine update, did the same ...removed morphestra2 rendering morphestra 2 unusable

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

yeah and maschine asking me to authorise again and again, switched back to 2.4....no problems!

7. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

yes i know, i just got a message from them will install that app thing tomorrow to run data, i dont think they get it, i told them what was happening like you said happens and they say did you do this? and i just finished telling them that i just did that etc...oh dear

8. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

I know some whom have had no issues, it is really dissapointing as the integration stuff is very cool...

9. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

I believe I'm having the same problem, after installing the Maschine 2.4.6 update my Morphestra 2 and SonicCouture Novachord are giving errors.

Novachord is asking for a "Novachord.nicnt" file, which doesn't exist as far as I know.
    Morphestra 2 basically keeps asking to locate the "Morphestra_info.nkx", at one point it just kept disappearing from the browser after restart.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  10. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

I found a temporary fix for this Morphestra 2 problem.

In Kontakt, use the quick browser to load the sounds, for me- the sounds still load from there without error. I'm not certain if this will work with legit Kontakt setup though.

11. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

12. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

not yet cause i just woke up & got the news in my email
    so as i understand from the email it seems that this Native Access Is Still in beta
    for now it's better to Wait until they release The final version cause this beta version has some bugs too
    i will wait for the final version to use it cause i'm in the middle of projects and i don't want to screw anything up for now
    when i will finish my last projects ; i will give it a try for sure it seems that Native Access Is A great idea indeed

13. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

I have not heard back yet..........so you think it would be because they have set up for this but have not yet released "it"etc?

14. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

it seems that their last updates they made it compatible with Native access instead of service center
    that's why maybe soon they will drop the support for service center & support only the Native Access

as you see that problem with activation is related to the new activation method with Native Access so maybe if you tried the Native Access it will fix your problems with the entire activation
    system , as i said before it's better to wait before the final version as well as soon as i finish my last projects i will test their new system Native Access

NOTE : by the way it seems that from now on all the newer update will be compatible only with the Native Access instead of service center as soon as the Native Access Final version will be released

15. LordFunky

LordFunky Ultrasonic

I have problems with 3 Libraries:
    - Orchestral Tools Orchestral String Runs (need nicnt)
    - SonicCouture Novachord (need nicnt)
    - Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band (need nicnt)

Morphestra 2 became OK after re-adding it.
    For me the problem is that we just not have the last versions of these libraries (probably nkx became nicnt in the last updates and the new kontakt database recognizes only the nicnt versions)

Maybe some legit users with last updates can confirm ?

16. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

i have M2 and i checked it is the latest, i was unable to re add in new updates, i would not register correctly....when i rolled back to previous updates all worked fine, some other libraries i have that do not have the latest updates worked fine in the new updates..... i sent them there scan request but have not heard back etc

17. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

The best things is to contact Orchestral Tools & SonicCouture & Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band developers so that they can give you a fix or inform them about the issue so they can contact Native Instruments & fix the issue for you

about Nicnt you can try to convert the extention to nkx , maybe it may work since both Nicnt & nkx have the same info ; by the way Nkx it was before Nicnt

best thing is to wait for newer update & keep using the previous version

you may want to see this too

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access/supported-products/

18. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

Try this:

A.) Use the quick-browser to open patches.
    or
    B.) Create fake .nicnt files. create blank .txt file and rename it "Novachord.nicnt" etc. then point to that file when it asks.

19. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

hello all. well Ni sent me a fix which was a Komplete Kontrol 1.6.0 and a maschine 2.4.6 xml file to install in my service centre folder, so it would appear to be relative to the new system as mentioned by Mr Amine, I may be wrong but as they needed to be installed in the service centre etc..... anyway, all ok now

20. Lette

Lette Ultrasonic

Hi guys - only problem i'm having with the latest updates to maschine & kontrol is the morphestra 2 library!
    Like one of the lads said in a earlier message - I install the morphestra 2 lib and it works lovely, come to restart kontakt either standalone or plug and the library has disappeared.
    Tried all things to get it to stay put - nothing worked!

21. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

Did that fix the Morphestra 2 problem? Is there any way you could share the xml files with us? (It shouldn't have any illegal/personal data afaik.) Thanks.