installing Nectar 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by Triple, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hi!
    I'm on win7 64bit, FL Studio 10.
    I got iZotope Nectar 2 Production Suite v2.04 Incl Emulator-R2R from the Sister Site.

The R2R install notes say that first I need to install some iLok thing...
    Can you explain to me what does it mean? What do I exactly need to do?
    Is there some free iLok to download?

P.S. What's the difference between the above R2R emulator and the release entitled "iZotope Nectar v2 04 Production Suite Win x86 x64" ?

Thanks!

3. Triple

Triple Member

(on my PC I already have installed Ozone5, Ozone7, Alloy2 and Neutron)

4. Clayton123

Clayton123 Producer

Yeah I'm pretty sure you go to iLok.com and download it. Here's the link https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager I can't remember for sure but I believe I downloaded it long ago and it hasn't troubled me since. There's a few programs out there that require you to have iLok and all of them have worked fine since I installed iLok. The different release titles just refer to different groups or generous anonymous contributors that have uploaded the program. R2R is one of the most popular groups out there but many many Many thanks to all the hard working wonderful groups out there making this all possible!!!

5. Clayton123

Clayton123 Producer

Just out of curiosity why'd you install Ozone 5 and 7 and Neutron 1? When Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 just came out. I mean I still have O7 installed because of all my old projects that use them but what's the thinking behind downloading those now? Is it just an older machine that you're running on or something? Or is there something specific you like about O5?

6. Triple

Triple Member

I installed O5, O7 Alloy2 and Neutron1 for older projects (though,in O5's EQ, I like the frequency spectrum display more than in O7).

In the link to iLok license manager, there's info that I'll need to have an internet connection available. I don't have internet on my music PC. Is there a possibility to download an offline iLok installer?

7. Triple

Triple Member

So it seems that I won't be able to install the R2R Emulator version, as I can't connect my PC to the internet, to install the iLok, right?

Regarding the release from 25th April called: iZotope Nectar v2 04 Production Suite Win x86 x64,
    Is it working and safe? (as it comes from an anonymous contributor)