Installing N. I. FM8 together with Kontakt PORTABLE 7 WiN-vkDanilov

Discussion in 'Software' started by Olymoon, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I wanted to install N I FM8 from R2R but the nfo explain that you need to have NativeAccess.xml ...
    As I use Kontakt PORTABLE 7 WiN-vkDanilov, I wonder if FM8 and NativeAccess.xml will interfere with it.

Thanks for your answers

3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Best Answer
    I am running Kontakt.v7.6.0.Port.[vkDanilov]-2023.09.17 and FM8.v1.4.6-R2R-2023.04.19
    They are both playing together nicely in FL Studio, Reaper & Studio One on Win 10 22h2.
    For a long time i had FM8 running with different Kontakt portables and don't recall ever having any issues.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thank you.

5. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Hm, you're lucky enough...
    I have 2 systems on the same PC: Win XP and 7th, on XP I have Massive and FM8 (cracked ones).
    When I installed a legit Kontakt Player via Native Access (NA) on 7th, NA found all the NI stuff on all the disks, and mentioned synths don't work on 7th (ask for license), still they work on XP as before
    PS. NA doesn't work properly now and even on a NI forum some complain about it, and its all about the legit stuff

6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Well, as a general rule, you don't want to attempt legit along with "unofficial" , unless it's known to work (or you want to find out).
    I have not tried using legit Kontakt player at all.

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I installed FM8, the vst3 version, and it gave an error in Reaper. It's no seen ...
    I'll try the vst2 version..
    BUt at least, Kontakt is still working.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  8. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Strange..
    I had to replace my motherboard a couple of weeks ago, so I had to reauthorize some things (FM among them, but not Massive).
    You might look in the list for "Plugins that failed to scan"...
    That is in Preferences-Plugins-VST- "Rescan" button, and choose "Plugins that failed to scan".
    I have a bunch there of extra iZotope (shells i think) and a cople of others, but if you see FM8 you should click on it.

I DID have the previous version of FM8 installed, but when it requested authorization I went ahead and uninstalled and installed the newer one (according to R2R instructions).
    I DID install the VST2 but moved the DLLs into a NON-scanned folder I have "64vst2-Hold" (for putting vst versions that might be needed if the VST3 acts up). My Reaper (v6.8.3) did not have any problem in detecting and removed the FM8 Vst2 and added the Vst3.

9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I'll try to follow the same steps. Vst2 first then vst 3.