installing Logic x 10.0.7 Core

Discussion in 'Logic' started by severn, Oct 16, 2014.

1. severn

severn Noisemaker

hi,

having problems installing and getting Logic x 10.0.7 Core to work ...got to admit i am brand new to the Mac o/s
    I have dloaded all the additional packs but won't seem to load even the demo pack without crashing....

i am running the latest maverick o/s which i updated yesterday

Last login: Thu Oct 16 09:17:53 on console
    jcs-macbook-pro:~ jc$ /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic\ Pro\ X ; exit;
    2014-10-16 18:06:29.426 Logic Pro X[5119:507] ERROR: MAActivateEmbeddedFont failed to activate Font.
    2014-10-16 18:06:29.574 Logic Pro X[5119:507] *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[

thanks for your help
    Jon

3. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i installed the same version 2 days ago. have you tried to unistall logic and reinstall again?

4. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

probably wouldn't have dl'd the latest Mavericks if I were you, becuase I'm not sure... that could be where the issue is... I'm on 10.9.4 and almost updated to 10.9.5 myself, but realized that with Mac's, it seems everyone is always reluctant to ever update their OSX... many people are staying on Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard even; never the less, I caught myself and will now stay on Mavericks 10.9.4 unless a gun is held to my head to update it...

Surprised copyl3ft3r hasn't chimed-in yet... he'll for sure know what's up.

I was new to Mac this past May... I installed Pro 9 and Pro-X, but I can't quite remember what I did to install all those; plus, I decided to buy Logic Pro X a couple of weeks ago since I have decided that Logic is going to be a permanent part of my set-up (try before you buy is no joke). :wink:

5. copylefter

copylefter Producer

I'm here *yes*
    Already tried to reset permission? Use PermissionReset or BatchMod.
    No crack fault, as CORE Logic release are retail ( and Logic have no copy protection at all).
    Try to send me a complete crashlog if permission repair doesn't work. You find it in Console.app.

6. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Yea, verily. With Mac, one upgrade, of software or O/S, begets or forces another. In my own experience, it's prudent to not be an "early adopter," and to lag an O/S or three behind the latest until one ascertains that one's software, or the software which one wants to install, will be compatible with the O/S, and vice-versa. For example, I waited until this past Spring to go from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, for the sake of running Logic Pro X – only to find that the version (11) of Garageband concurrent with LPX won't install on ML, but requires an upgrade to Mavericks! Meanwhile, I'm missing some things about SL, though I've adapted well to ML – but am not exactly-certain that "my stuff" will run on Mavericks, nor whether it's really of any benefit to uprade from ML yet. Were it not for LPX, I'd still be on SL – but I can run Garageband 6 on ML, and I'm cool with it. Mac's motto is, "It just works," but I'd add, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Getting back to the context of the original post: it's good to be wary of both incremental and full-version updates in Mac, in anticipation of what compatibility problems and forced upgrades might be awaiting.

7. Balisani

Balisani Member

Hi Jon,

I have OS 10.9.5 as well, updated shortly after it came out, after which I also updated from 10.0.6 to 10.0.7 successfully (MBP 2.5GHz Quadcore i7/8MB RAM). Zero issues.

May I inquire, were you upgrading from 10.0.6 to 10.0.7 also? Or clean install? If clean install, try to install any prior version instead, then update with 10.0.7. This usually works in most cases (most s/w products, unless UNinstallation is specified, which is not the case for Logic).

Other tip: do uninstall your failed 10.0.7 installation before you install an older 10.x.x version (you can upgrade directly from 10.0.x to 10.0.7).

I hope this helps.

Best,

B.

8. severn

severn Noisemaker

thanks will try previuos version 1st and try upgrade

9. severn

severn Noisemaker

hi,

thanks to everyone for your help

installed Logic X basic package and working very nicely

thanks again