Installing latest waves..

Discussion in 'PC' started by webshark, Mar 2, 2015.

1. webshark

webshark Member

Guys,

quick question I havent updated waves for about a year.. First question can I installed the latest one directly over the one I have installed.? V9R25 Is the latest.. The second question is there is a a main download and a repack, what way do these work together? You install the first then the repack??

Thanks

3. uber909

uber909 Member

Hey man, are you lost?
    Maybe you made a mistake...

You should try the other site, you'll probably get more feedback.

Cheers.

4. Config

Config Kapellmeister

Both releases were deleted because they did not (fully) work... even the repack one...

5. webshark

webshark Member

Ah makes sense.. Thank you.

6. webshark

webshark Member

Why are they becoming sloppy. waves used to be the easiest.

7. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

maybe waves are not so sloppy now, if patches are not working correctly

r24 is ok, I downloaded r25 from waves and only installed the 2 updates listed for r25 and I have not encountered any issues (yet)

8. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Although far from an official release, you can 'combine' to get things working.
    Since Waves changed their protection method since V9r23, the R2r patch (and readme) changed since V923.
    But what they (r2r?) did was kinda clever: They made the patcher 'an universal waves patcher'. It looks for everything that looks like a Waves plugin (even newer unknown ones) and tries to patch it.

In other words, the patcher hasn't changed since v9r23 / v9r24 / v9r25. You can download the official offline installer from the Waves site (after creating an account) and then use the v923 / v9r24 (and v9r25? As far as I know it works just fine) patch to crack it.

Just make sure you read the readme file! After running the patch you have to copy the patched files to the appropriate location yourself! A lot of people that come from earlier waves versions forget this step since it wasn't needed before, and then they say the crack doesn't work :(.

Although it isn't needed all of the times, what I advise (specially if running into trouble) is to run the Waves installer and install the stuff (read from the patch readme what to install). After the installer is complete, run the installer again and this time choose the 'repair' option. I needed that sometimes to make sure patched files (or even all the files) were truly overwritten with the newer version. After that run the patch, then copy the patched WaveShell files to your appropriate location.

edit: this is all assuming Windows by the way. Mac people are on their own.

9. webshark

webshark Member

Thanks.. i just dont want to lose my own saved presets and IR libraries by uninstalling first.

10. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

i just installed v9 from the waves website and used the r23 patch command and it was fine.

but then again, i use mac so i don't know what its like for you guys to install on pc.

the old releases you could just install then open up the reg utility and it'd do it all for you.

11. Martial

Martial Newbie

I installed a version V9r29...........I ran the patch in terminal it informed me it has been successfully cracked...When in Ableton the plugins are there, the interface will come up but they do not alter the sound in anyway........ Any idea whats going on here?