Installing Kore 2.0 (ultra noob question, sorry!)

Discussion in 'PC' started by ktheo86, Mar 28, 2015.

1. ktheo86

ktheo86 Newbie

Hey Guys, nice to meet everybody. I've been visiting this forum as a guest for the past few months and this place as well as audioz has been awesome for me.

I'm now in the process of unpacking Kore 2.0 for windows and noticed there are a like a million different rar files within just one of the 5 parts.(got this via audioz)

To be exact I'm looking at 'dyn-nikr2r.rar alll the way to dyn-nikr2r.r26' then theres 'nikr2rk.rar to nikr2rk.r01' and 'nikr2ru.rar to nikr2ru.r02'.

Do I really need to go through each and every single one of these rar files and unpack and install? With other dls I've used the download from just one of them and it seemed to work okay, and all the other files(r02,r03,r04 etc) seem to contain the same material as the preceding rar file.

I've been reading the nfo and installation files but I'm still pretty confused. Plus there's an installation for 'kore2 setup' and 'driver 1 & 2'..which do I install first 0.o haha...

Apologies, been trying to find the answers on my own but this is all pretty new and confusing to me, so I thought I'd ask for some help. Sooo confused haha.

Btw I'm using cubase 5, windows 8.1, and lexicon alpha interface.

Thanks again!

3. The Prophet

The Prophet Newbie

If you see .R02 etc then you have a RAR file that is split into parts.. you need all of the parts to properly extract the files. A single part may contain many compressed files, part of a larger compressed file or a mix of both.

When you open the RAR file and extract its contents it uses the data from all of the parts to decompress the files.

So no, you don't need to extract all of these parts individually, just the RAR files themselves.

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i've done the installation 1 week ago, you need to install also R2R update if you want to use the Kore, because 2.0 isn't patched.

think of steps and extract all the rar at the same time. Select them all and extract in one folder, then do it again untill you ending up with dyn-nikr2r.iso

After that load the iso with a programm (daemon tools) or you can extract it again.

those are the steps after the rar part

"Ok guys got it working perfectly without the hardware:

1)Download and Install this release

2)Download and install R2R update

Native-Instruments-Kore-2-v214-Update

3)Follow the Instructions for a correct installations

working perfectly in Studio One 2.6.3 and FL11

with the R2R you will install also the 64 bit version! Thank you all of yoy guys :)"

posted in the release section...

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Mostwest you're not allowed to link to warez here so please just reference a release by name. I've already fixed your comment but keep it in mind for the future.

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Sorry my fault

7. ktheo86

ktheo86 Newbie

Awesome, thanks so much for the help guys. Very much appreciated. I'm noticing something weird here - When I run Kore 2 via Cubase 5 it says its the full version, but when I click on the kore 2 icon outside of cubase, it says I need to enter a serial number and do it through the licensing service program(which I have, but doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that I'm online.) Am I good to go as long as i run it through my daw?

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Should be good to go. Native Instruments standalones never worked for me on the R2R versions.