Installing Kontakt portable 6 V6.6.0 with Kontakt 6 V6.1.1 portable not valid x64?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by belinea2010, Aug 11, 2021.

1. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

Windows 10
    Cubase 11 Pro (legit)

Hi Gang

I have Kontakt 6 V6.1.1 (from sister site) installed and working as it should and I am trying to install Kontakt 6 v6.6.0 portable (sister site) but after installing, cubase blacklists the portable files saying they are not valad x64?

I then forced a rescan and cubase throws up an error saying that the Kontakt Portable x64.vst3 and x64.dll have been blacklisted as (unknown).

After following the instructions in the thread, when I open cubase it will only show the full Kontakt and not the portable.

So I have followed the instructions in the sister site tread very carefully which, unless I am not understanding them correctly, say that you create two Settings.ini files in the directorys as follows:

<portable root>\Kontakt\x64\VST\Settings.ini
    [Kontakt Portable x64.dll] PluginId=NiKP

and

<portable root>\Kontakt\x64\VST3\Settings.ini
    [Kontakt Portable x64.vst3] PluginId=NiKP PluginName=Kontakt

I then made sure that there was no entrys in Cubase's xml files to the portable and in plugin manager I added a new path to the portable plugins directory:

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 6 Portable v6.6.0\Kontakt\x64

This is driving me mad?

3. cichiciana

cichiciana Newbie

Hi! Anytime that happened with my Kontakt Portable 6.0.2 I just found it back into Cubase's blacklist. Check again and you should be able to reactivate it.
    Also, could you please send me a download link for the 6.1.1 version? I'm searching like crazy and can't find any workable link. I'm still on 6.0.2 and can't use newer libraries because of that.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Re-setting the Cubase plug-ins cache manually
    https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/...re-setting-the-cubase-plug-ins-cache-manually

5. Talula

Talula Rock Star

Program Files - system folder required special permissins for changing.
    install poratable version in any other folder without permissions for reading/writing files.

6. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

some daw read only one instance of Kontakt (as presonus Studio One)

VST3 in priority, vst2 if no vst3 present
    mixing the version is not a good idea, it will not match in the plugin list.

i patched Kontakt 6.6.0, you can forget 6.1.1.

the VST3 scan don't enable setup version + portable version with presonus. maybe cubase do the same.