Installing cubase intruments presets manually

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by funkman, Jul 21, 2022.

1. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

Hi,i am reinstalling cubase as i had to reset pc.
    i am not using download manager this time,i am installing from separate installers
    Where do i put the presets for halion sonic retrologue etc?
    i ave downloaded the installer for content and opened the disc image whaich has 3 separate FCP_SMT thingys
    where do i put these?
    thanks

3. Diamz

Diamz Ultrasonic

These belong in your content folder under either Halion/VST Sound or the general VST Sound folder. If you place them and then open the Library Manager, you will be able to see if they are recognised. Some of the third party instruments have their own library folders in the VST Sound folder i.e. VST Sound - Novel Piano. I think the Cubase 12 factory content can be dragged into the Halion/VST Sound folder. It is slightly confusing, though you can reorganise them if any issues. Library manager will also clean up any duplicate libary issues.

4. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

ok thanks

5. kckcki

kckcki Newbie

when I had the BIG problem of my HALion Not loading ALL its presets, this is how I solved it

G: is my multi-terabyte hard drive with enough space for me to store bulky multi-gigabyte files such as HALion sound libraries and many other sound libraries

I made sure that

C:\Users\JohnDoe\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content

is a symlink pointing to

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content

I made sure that

C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content

is a symlink pointing to

steinberg library manager must be LATEST version, check and verify version !!

as of July 2022, current version is 3.2.20 !!

this version proved to be the ONLY ONE that worked really well for me :)

if your SML is Not latest, you are already heading into a BIG-BIG problem and you are about to see mysteries.

feel free to re-arrange the folders inside of

to suit your personal preference and taste

in my case, I re-arranged the folders to reflect that a certain .vstsound file truly belongs to a particular component of Steinberg software. for example, I managed to figure out that the .vstsound files below truly belong to Cubase and Nuendo, therefore I created the sub-folder CubaseNuendo inside of my

to keep these vstsound files together as CubaseNuendo vstsound files

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\Electric_Bass_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\Electric_Bass_02.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\Electric_Bass_03.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\FCL_SMT_222_Basic_Controls.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\FCL_SMT_223_Additional_Controls.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\FCP_SMT_765_Dark_Planet_SP.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\FCP_SMT_766_Neo_Soul_Keys_SP.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\FCP_SMT_768_HSO_SP.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\Flute_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\Muted_Trumpet_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\Saxophone_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\Trumpet_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\Trumpet_02.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\CubaseNuendo\VST_Sound_Loop_Set_Klanghaus.vstsound

I managed to figure out that the .vstsound files below truly belong to Groove Agent, therefore I created the sub-folder "Groove Agent" inside of

to keep these vstsound files together as Groove Agent vstsound files

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_137_Groove_Agent_SE.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_144_GA_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent\Groove_Agent_ONE_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent\Groove_Agent_ONE_02.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent\Groove_Agent_ONE_03.vstsound

I also managed to figure out which vstsound files are factory-supplied files, and which ones are Non-factory (addon) vstsound files. this is extremely important because the LAST thing you want, is to mix factory-supplied vstsound files with addon files, only to upgrade your Cubase/Nuendo 2 years later and end up with a mess due to mixing or keeping Non-factory (addon) vstsound files in the SAME LOCATION as the factory-supplied files . . . which are SUBJECT TO A FUTURE SOFTWARE UPGRADE ! It is for this reason that I keep the Groove Agent Non-factory (addon) vstsound files into a similarly-named, but SEPARATE folder called "Groove Agent_ex" (ex meaning 'extension' or 'extra'). Once again in this paragraph I am saying that I also managed to figure out which vstsound files are factory-supplied files, and which ones are Non-factory (addon / _ex) vstsound files

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_150_Prime_Cuts.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_159_Jazz_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_161_Blues_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_163_Funk_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_179_Fusion_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_181_Beat_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_183_Rock_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_184_Rock_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_206_Pop_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_211_Metal_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_224_Alternative_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_225_Alternative_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_236_Metro_Heights_3.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_239_Metro_Heights_3_Eco.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_240_Rock_And_Roll_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_241_Rock_And_Roll_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_242_Songwriter_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_730_SP_Jazz_Drums_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_770_Modern_Jazz_Essentials_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_783_Bouncy_Vibrations.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_784_Bouncy_Vibrations_Instruments.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_797_Marco_Minnemann_Studio_Drums_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\ADD_SMT_822_Purple_Instruments.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\FCP_SMT_215_Production_Grooves_Kits.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\FCP_SMT_772_GA_The_Kit_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\FCP_SMT_775_GASE_The_Kit_SE_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\FCP_SMT_779_GASE_Laser_Beams.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\FCP_SMT_780_GASE_Laser_Beams_Instruments.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent_ex\FCP_SMT_782_GA_Raw_Power_Instruments.vstsound

I do exactly the same with HALion vstsound files. Please notice also that I do Not put version numbers or version information into these folders ! I do Not want a folder called HALion6 or GrooveAgent5 ! These sounds are usually TIME-LESS and lifelong, such that once a vstsound file has been created for HALion during the release of HALion 5, I expect HALion 6 and HALion 7+ to load and open that file, rather than expecting HALion 6+ to have its own brand new VERSION of that vstsound file, such that my ownership of the older version of that file now forces me to keep running HALion 5 in parellel with HALion 6+ !! We really Don't want such versioning nonsense ! So I stay away from putting version numbers or version information into these folders. I do Not want to have a folder called HALion6 or GrooveAgent5 and end up mistakenly imagining and assuming that the vstsound files in that folder ONLY work in HALion6 or only in GrooveAgent5, while the TRUTH might be that those SAME vstsound files may LOAD and may WORK in HALion7, HALion8 or GroveAgent6 !!

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_001_HS_Synths_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_004_HS_Accordion_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_005_HS_Blues_Harp_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_008_HS_El_Guitar_02.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_010_HS_Ac_Guitar_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_016_HS_Choir_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_025_HS_Vintage_Bass_FW_Fing_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_026_HS_Vintage_Bass_FW_Fing_Add_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_027_HS_Vintage_Bass_FW_Pick_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_028_HS_Vintage_Bass_FW_Pick_Add_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_047_HS_Tonewheel_Organ_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_048_HS_Pipe_Organ_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_050_HS_El_Piano_Suitcase_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_051_HS_El_Piano_MKI_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_052_HS_El_Piano_200A_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_059_HS_Strings_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_060_HS_Brass_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_063_HS_Winds_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_064_HS_Sax_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_072_HS_Trumpet_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_073_HS_Muted_Trumpet_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_074_HS_Trombone_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_075_HS_GM_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_076_HSSE_Artist_Instrument_Presets_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_077_HSSE_Pro_Instrument_Presets_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_078_HSSE_GM_Presets_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_079_HSSE_Pro.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_080_HSSE_Pro_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_081_HSSE_Artist.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_082_HSSE_Artist_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_083_HSSE_S90.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_084_HSSE_S90_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_085_HSSE_SR_OneSoundzSilver.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_086_HSSE_SR_OneSoundzSilver_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_087_HSSE_VST_Expression.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_088_HSSE_VST_Expression_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_089_HSSE_Basic_Synth_Presets_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_090_HSSE_Artist_Synth_Presets_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_091_HSSE_Pro_Synth_Presets_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_100_HSSE_Artist_Drum.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_101_HSSE_Artist_Instrument_Presets_02.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_121_HSSE_Artist_Instrument_Presets_03.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_139_HSSE_Artist_Synth_Presets_02.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_192_HS_Noise_Generator_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_226_HS_Anima_MP_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_227_HS_Skylab_MP_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_228_HS_Studio_Strings_MP_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_229_HS_Eagle_MP_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_230_HS_Raven_MP_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_231_HS_Hot_Brass_MP_01.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_232_HSSE_Flux_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_760_HALion_Common_SP.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_761_HALion_SP.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_762_HALion_Sonic_SP.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_763_HALion_Sonic_SE_SP.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion\FCP_SMT_764_HALion_Library_Icons.vstsound

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\ADD_SMT_102_Hypnotic_Dance_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\ADD_SMT_109_Triebwerk.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\ADD_SMT_110_Triebwerk_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\ADD_SMT_115_Dark_Planet_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\ADD_SMT_786_Electric_Bass_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\ADD_SMT_819_Amped_Elektra_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\ADD_SMT_828_LoFi_Piano.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\Ancient_Duduk_Phrases_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\CI_Alto_Glockenspiel.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\CI_Guitar_Harmonics.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\CI_Marimba.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\CI_Medieval_Lute.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\dvCT_Transverse.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\e-Instruments_Vibrant_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\Engine_Roar.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\Ethnic_Vocal_Phrases_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\German_Harpsichord_1738_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\Light_and_Shadow_Mimi_Page_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\Lyrical_Vocal_Phrases_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\RAST-A.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\HALion_ex\SampleTekk_4Knob_PopD_Presets.vstsound

I do exactly the same with Padshop and Retrologue vstsound files.

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop\FCP_SMT_113_Padshop.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop\FCP_SMT_778_MPE_Sounds_Padshop.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop\FCP_SMT_788_Padshop_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop\FCP_SMT_789_Padshop2.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop\FCP_SMT_790_Padshop2_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_118_Zero_Gravity.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_136_Granular_Symphonies.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_151_Granular_Guitars_Acoustic.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_155_Granular_Guitars_Electric.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_791_Granular_Guitars_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_792_Granular_Symphonies_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_793_Zero_Gravity_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_804_Polarities_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_805_Polarities.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_817_Fractals_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\ADD_SMT_818_Fractals.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Apollo.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Apollo_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Bewitcher.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Bewitcher_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Cinergy.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Doomstrophic.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Doomstrophic_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Evo_Elysium.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Evo_Elysium_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Kingdom.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Padshop_ex\Kingdom_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue\FCP_SMT_112_Retrologue_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue\FCP_SMT_777_MPE_Sounds_Retrologue.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue\FCP_SMT_796_Retrologue2_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue_ex\ADD_SMT_208_Analog_House_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue_ex\ADD_SMT_785_Future_Bass_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue_ex\ADD_SMT_794_Sounds_Of_Soul_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue_ex\ADD_SMT_795_Vintage_Classics_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue_ex\ADD_SMT_821_Neon_Drifts_Presets.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue_ex\Dark_Mass.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue_ex\Imaginear.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\Retrologue_ex\The_Void.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\VST Sound Content Update\PAT_SMT_100_Content_Set.vstsound

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound\VST Sound Content Update\PIC_SMT_100_Content_Set.vstsound

now that my vstsound files are

1) sitting in my own custom sound library folder, on a storage drive that is more suitable for my life (enough space)

2) grouped into the folders that fit my logical way of arranging things

all that is left for me to do, is

a) to create Windows Shortcuts (.LNK files) that point to each and every one of my vstsound files

b) place my Windows Shortcuts (.LNK files) in

G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content\VST Sound

NB: read again carefully what I wrote on preceding line above, do NOTTT place your shortcuts in G:\JohnDoeCustomSoundLibrary\Content !!

secondly, the shortcuts you create {in VST Sound folder} must Not be Symbolic Links ! they should be the standard and simple Windows .LNK shortcut files.

with my Steinberg Library Manager being the LATEST version (check and verify YOUR version of SLM !!) the mystery of Steinberg plugins NOT loading or showing their presets/sounds is completely and instantly solved ! With my solution in this write up, there is No single Steinberg software plugin that fails to find its sounds/presets. HALion, Groove Agent, Retrologue, Padshop, etc, including Cubase and Nuendo itself . . . they ALL find their sounds/presets and fully load ALL of their sounds as expected :)

in conclusion:

I do Not have ANY .vstsound files stored in my C: drive

I do Not have ANY .vstsound files stored in my

C:\Users\JohnDoe\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content

I do Not have ANY .vstsound files stored in my

C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content

ALL my .vstsound files are stored in a custom location on my bulk storage big-tera hard drive

I do Not have to double-click any of my .vstsound files (old one or even BRAND NEWLY-installed ones alike!) in order to remind my SLM to register or detect any of them ! This is possible because I am using the standard/default location where SLM looks for vstsound files by design/default = "VST Sound" folder ! The two symlinks in step 1 above, they do the magic of fooling my SLM to think that ALL my vstsound files are sitting in the standard/default location where SLM looks for ALL vstsound files by design/default = "VST Sound" folder.

I am hoping that this write up will be the LAST place on the internet and on EARTH for EVERYONE who claims that his HALion or Groove Agent or Padshop (etc) does Not show or load up ALL of its presets :)

kind regards

this is Tebza a.k.a. Kcee, all the way from the City of Johannesburg, South Africa, on the continet of Africa

July 2022

6. kckcki

kckcki Newbie

[update Wed 12 April 2023]
    I can confirm that my method above WORKED perfectly with the latest HALion 7 release without me changing a single thing in the method. HALion 7 loads ALL of my HALion 6 presets as well as its brand new FM Lab instrument and Tales instrument.