Installing Cracked Kontakt to run alongside a legitimate Kontakt?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by rsumisawesome, Oct 24, 2018.

1. rsumisawesome

rsumisawesome Newbie

Hi, newcomer here - I hope this is posted in the correct place, and I do apologise I've missed a more recent answer in an earlier thread.

I was just wondering if it is at all possible to install a cracked kontakt and run it alongside a legit kontakt? I've got the komplete native instruments libraries that I use normally in legit kontakt and I've also a few cracked libraries I've been running in "demo" mode but I've had enough and thought of just getting a cracked kontakt to run the cracked libraries as if they were the full license. Is there a certain way you would have to install the cracked kontakt so that it doesn't overwrite the legitimate installation? And I use Logic X, so is there anything you'd have to do to in order to get it to recognise both instances of kontakt? I use an iMac as well, if that helps.

Thank you very much.

3. Pastosss

Pastosss Newbie

Welcome rsumisawesome.
    Introninja provided instructions for doing that https://audiosex.pro/threads/kontakt-cracked-vs-legitmate-explanation.9652/. The only issue is that, in the meanwhile, NI changed something in managing licenses. I'm trying to do that with a k'd Kontakt 5.6.6 (the last version with the Add Library button), but I can't achieve what I want, so I'm trying to disassemble the legit Kontakt 5.app (and I have little if not no experience with HEX and exec) comparing it with a cracked version. I don't know if I will succeed, I hardly think so.