Installing cracked expansions on Maschine+

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by tryptophantom, Aug 29, 2022.

1. tryptophantom

tryptophantom Newbie

Has anybody had success installing cracked expansions onto the Maschine+ to use in standalone mode? From what I understand, just copying the folders to SD card doesn't work so there's probably some registry or log on the SD that's keeping track of the authorized expansions installed on the SD card.

3. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

I would like to know this, too!

4. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

expansions are unmodified. the fix must be done in the Maschine+ software.

how should you modify it from a linux based firmware?.
    it is the wrong hardware choice to use unregistered expansions.

you have to extract and replace the application in the box.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Totally agree, i never used the Standalone Maschine+, but for the non Standalone ones you need the Modified VSTi Plugin for the cracked Expansions to work. Maybe you can use the cracked ones in combination with a modified VSTi Plugin in your DAW, but then the Standalone Feature will be gone. As i saw in an Youtube Video for your previous bought Expansions you need to connect to WIFI with your Account and then can install the Expansions to the SD Card which are in your Account. So You need to wait for a cracked Version of the Maschine+ Software in order to use cracked Expansions and as always for Machines if you use cracked stuff only use cracked and do not combine with legit ones, because this can cause issues. The best example which comes in my head is an Nintendo Switch or Wii/Wii U. The Roms for the Games are all over the Internet, but until you customize the Firmware and so on you can't use them on your unmodified Console.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  6. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

good luck...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. badaz

badaz Newbie

This is how I did it:
    - created an Expansions folder in the Native Instruments folder on the SD card (alongside every other folders), the name of your folder actually doesn't matter.
    - installed cracked expansions in a VM in order to keep my computer setup legit.
    - copied each installed expansion folder from the VM to the SD card Expansions folder
    - back on maschine plus, settings/library/user then click add and locate every expansion folder and rescan.

Expansions now appear in browser, in User content. Everything works, projects, groups, sounds, instruments, loops, one-shots, with previews, only artwork is missing.

Usually the first time you load a group, you have to locate the first sample, which is often quite easy to find manually. Once this is done, the software seems to be able to resolve every other sample from the expansion on its own.

Maybe one day a machine+ update will enforce licence checks on expansions, like in the Windows software, so make sure to always save your projects with samples before a firmware or system update.

8. badaz

badaz Newbie

@bobdule wrong hardware choice until someone from the scene tackles the problem (aka cracks the Linux based maschine plus software), but imho this is not going to happen soon

9. shivala74

shivala74 Newbie

hello
    i have some extantion cracked well what is a VM ; i m french so i don t undersant what is a VM

10. shivala74

shivala74 Newbie

ok it s virtuel mashine but how you did it

11. shivala74

shivala74 Newbie

can you explain more i cant understand how use VM
    i m whit mac higsierra

12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Good to know for owners of the NI Maschine hardware. :wink:

Buying hardware and software is so tricky these days. Can't even steal in an honest way, fuck. :sad: :rofl: