Installing a cracked Kontakt over Legit Kontakt

Discussion in 'Software' started by oddiosludge, Sep 28, 2016.

1. oddiosludge

oddiosludge Newbie

Saw the original thread here: https://audiosex.pro/threads/kontakt-cracked-vs-legitmate-explanation.9652/
    Read through all 7 pages, wondering about a couple things that weren't clear.

Basically I'm looking to buy Komplete. There's a few cracked libs I use I can't afford right now so was planning on clean installing my OS, installing legit Komplete, registering all the sample libs 1st, then adding the cracked version once I'm done with my NI registrations... I'm on OSX 10.11 and plan on sagging up an unopened version of 10 while there's still a few left, and planned on going with Kontakt 5.5.2 if this works.

So it says you can have two versions of Kontakt 5 in OSX but every time I've tried to have two versions in my plugin folders all my DAWS only show me the latest version, even after renaming a copy of the crack to Kontakt 5C.

Am I supposed to run the crack in my DAW and leave the standalone uncracked or just install the crack over the legit version? (I'd keep a backup of the legit in a different folder.)
    Anyone know if this has gotten harder or more risky with more recent versions of Kontakt, and can NI see I'm running a cracked version of Kontakt in my DAW if I don't register try to register it after adding the cracked ibs?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List