installed omni after trilian -> trilian doesnt work anymore.

Discussion in 'Software' started by spheric, Feb 22, 2017.

1. spheric

spheric Member

is there any way i can put the path into trilian for it's bank?

under Spectrasonic/STEAM i have to folders with Omni and Trilian. i dont get it why omni works this way but trilian doesnt.

any inputs? would like to avoid reinstalling.

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

you can try to install the last update for trillian, i know it weird why you cant backup the steam folder before a OS reinstall and then just put it back to avoid installing, but spectrasonics made this impossible.

4. Spectrasonics sent me a drive with the Steam folder pre-installed. Is it really impossible to back it up? That would suck big time because I was thinking of doing so in the nearish future. Or ArcticStorm, am I just trippin' and got the gist of your answer wrong?

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

...wait what? you can't copy steam folder with an os reinstall? is this true on OSX as well?

6. spheric

spheric Member

i tried this, with the trillian patch library. is that correct? if yes, it didnt work...

"Cannot open Multi
    C: ProgramData/Spectrasonic/STEAM/Trilian/defaults/default.mlt_trl

the funny part is, there is all the files trilian should need for starting. i dont get thisssssssssssssssssssssss its driving me crazy

EDIT: OH WAIT when i go with the explorer in there, there is no "default.mlt_trl"

can someone be so kind to upload me this file? so i can try with a simple paste?

EDIT2: WTF IT SOMEHOW WORKS NOW???? i just click on the arrows where u can chose the presets and it loads now Oo i dont get this shit, lol

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  7. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

Glad you did it! :wink:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I have all my Spectrasonics STEAM and SAGE content in a separate Spectrasonics directory on an external drive. I've reformatted the drive and reinstalled the OS a few times and the only thing I need to do is install the plugin and create a symlink/shortcut in C:\ProgramData for the Spectrasonics folder on my E:\ and never have to reinstall the content. This is Win10 x64.

Trilian doesn't have a STEAM folder locator in it's preferences like Omnisphere but you can always run an update and it will ask where the STEAM folder is located. You can also just run the plugin install over itself and use that to locate the STEAM folder.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Pinkman, just wanted to take a timeout, and show a nod of respect for all the wisdom you hand out... obviously you know what you are doing, and are on point...

the forums benefit from your presence. as another long time worker in this insane business,.... respect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Right back at you. :mates:

11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

Same here as Pinkman said but on Mac:

I have a dedicated HD for Steam and Sage folders.
    Since 10 years, when building a fresh system, what I do is install latest Spectrasonics updates
    and point the plugins to their respective DB folders ;-)

You can create also a symlink manually of Spectrasonics libs in: /Users/"username"/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/

13. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

Belalugosi is dead :wink:

14. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Nothing to contribute as the Pink Wizard has done it perfectly! :wink: :hahaha:

Yeah, I have all the Spectrasonics libraries installed on an external drive, too. It's much easier to install it that way and takes so much less time. Just run the installers for the plugins and show them where the SAGE folder is. :wink: And if it doesn't work, just edit the sym links in the ProgramData/Spectrasonics folder. Easy-peasy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

glad you got it sorted.