Inspirational Cav Emp. I know, I'm surprised too.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Cav Emp, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Beth

Beth Guest

I hear you there ! I work very much the same way even though I may be in a different genre. For better or worse I almost always start off by throwing everything AND the kitchen sink into a track then as time progresses I peel layer by layer away a bit like revealing the true song underneath...know what I mean? I dont want to sound pretentious but I have always thought of it as a bit like a sculptor chipping away at a piece of stone till the statue inside is revealed. That all means that sometimes it just all falls into place easily but other times it takes me a long time to get my track to where I envisage it to be. All the time though I try to remember, and am getting better at it, that often the principle of 'less is more' is the thing to aim for......but I dont let that rule me completely. In the end I just decide when I have done enough and the track sounds right to me.....of course that doesn't stop me weeks or months down the road going back and refining things with the hindsight of time and greater experience.

I'm sorry I cant give a good critique on the mastering though as I am only listening on average quality headphones so I dont know how accurate my opinion would be. However I can like many have said earlier say that this is a great track. It would make me want to follow you as an artist and listen to all your music. Bottom line...if I heard it online somewhere, not knowing you, and it was for sale would I buy and download it?....answer ...definitely yes!

Great work !!! :like:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Not really my thing moosh, but from a mastering perspective I reckon if you used Equilibrium in FIR Analogue at the highest setting for render with the same EQ settings you're currently using you would have a fatter and smoother sounding track, as it is stands it sounds a little bright and a touch hollow and digital to my ears.
    Always difficult to know which if any advice to take when you get this much feedback, but it'll only take 5 mins to try this.

3. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

This one deserves a video clip.Great job man congrats.

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Can't thank everyone enough for all the kind words and the honest criticisms. I am going to try and re-mix this. Seems to be a pretty unanimous consensus that the song is good and the mix/master is bad. Unacceptable to me, to detract from a good song with bad processing.

apologies for bailing on the thread for a few days. I needed to get out of the house badly so I unplugged and went hiking with friends over the weekend. Feeling refreshed. And sore. As fuck.

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Good work on this one bro! I like it. Look forward to hearing more!

6. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

7. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

Good work, Man! :wink:

I wouldn't say that the mix is bad, but it can be improved and I think that this track worth it.

8. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Awesome track!