Info/Advice Needed for u-he Diva and An Undying Note...

Discussion in 'Software' started by eXACT_Beats_, Apr 8, 2020.

1. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I was wondering if anyone knew what the score was with Undying Notes. I laid down a synth lead and certain notes catch occasionally and, when they don't, the last note does every time. It's not something that can be solved by mashing the my keyboard (which was my inital troubleshooting act, since that works sometimes when a Kontakt sample gets stuck,) my CPU is golden (surprisingly, as it's Diva,) and the worst part is that it affects the actual bounce to audio, as seen in the screenshot. The only way I can get it to die is to switch the patch from legato to poly...which, needless to say, doesn't help when it come to bouncing it down. Other, similar takes that I did with the same patch do this as well. I'm far from new to the game, but I've never had this happen with Diva before.
    Any thoughts/ideas/info on fixing this issue or, at least, what's causing this, would be appreciated since, even though the actual issue, in-and-of-itself, is frustrating, the fact that I can't figure out what's causing this is gnawing at me, as well.

Diva Legato Issue img.jpg

3. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Theres a bug in the arp that leads to stuck notes.

4. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

So, this problem isn't unique? Purely an error that's on u-he? I thought I might have missed something or...I don't know, nudged a wayward knob or parameter. As I said, I'm not new to this, but I thought maybe it was a user error since I've never had this issue before. :dunno:
    Thanks for the reply. :yes:

5. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Check to see if sustain pedal (CC64) is on at the end of the note or add a lane for it and see if declaring it as off helps.

I don't think the ARP is on in that particular patch, but who knows, bugs are bugs.

6. Nick Sick

Nick Sick Noisemaker

I’ve read this before as well but being a newbie I’m always wondering where to find this setting. Can you please tell me where to look for this setting? Thanks.

7. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

@JMOUTTON Thanks for the input. I don't think that's the issue, but I'll double check. :yes:

8. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

I am not real familiar with Studio One, I've only messed around it with a few times as it came bundled with a few controllers that I have bought.

In the midi editor you can add more continuous control (CC) message lanes.

In the above image there already are: Velocity, Modulation, Pitch Bend and After Touch. There is an ellipsis menu (three dots) right next to Velocity on the image if you click on ellipsis menu, that it will open a menu that lets you add or remove CC lanes so that you can automate almost any parameter that is supported as CC. Diva I think lets you control almost everything by standard CC or by assignment.

Sustain Pedal is a standard MIDI CC and should be CC64, but that's not always a guarantee especially in old hardware.

It probably isn't I could not replicate the problem, but I am on a different OS and in a different DAW. However most of the time I have a hanging note it is because I have chopped up a midi block that I had played with sustain on and then cutoff the sustain off portion. I didn't see a sustain in the MIDI window, but I don't know Studio One enough for that to be diagnostic.

9. waverider

waverider Rock Star

For what it's worth I had a similar issue with some of his other free synths like ZebraCM.

10. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I have this problem only with IKM Modo Bass in FL Studio.
    It is frequent but seems to be random...
    So I am going to fire up Studio One and others to see if it does the same there.

12. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Not a setting. He means look in the MIDI information.
    edit: sorry; MIDI 'data' is more succinct for you.

13. waverider

waverider Rock Star

14. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Do you use vst2 or vst3 version?With S1 I use as much as possible vst2 plugins,especially with Uhe plugins.The Hive vst3 version has the same bug when you play with the arpeggiator.

15. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

That's not the issue, but good advice; and thanks for addressing the MIDI CC lanes that Nick Sick mentioned. :yes:

@techdevil Very helpful, thanks much. :yes:

Honestly, I've never had this issue with MODO Bass, in FL, S1, or a handful of other DAWs.

It was a good idea, it possibly being a bust VST3, but my copy of DIVA is VST2--I predominantly use VST2 since, as you mentioned, VST3 plugins by certain companies still seem to be having some bugs worked out. :yes: