Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, May 29, 2016.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

overhyped? or it emulates even "several simulated storage conditions to inflict the sonic ramifications of factors such as magnetic particle instability, oxidation, lubricant loss, tape pack expansion/contraction, “vinegar syndrome” and more upon the source material"??? maybe they forgot air pressure, humidity and temperature in the room where it is being recorded on tape? "people being in the room" emulation while recording? emulation of wires and connectors before the sound hits the ADC?
    or it is something serious?

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

I was on their FB page, they said it is coming in Spring 2015, now it is Summer 2016 soon

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

The algorithms they used for the vinegar syndrome were based on wine vinegar models. They had to scrap it and redo it from scratch.

6. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

That price is way over the top. Especially for their first offering. I suppose they are going to try and quickly recoup the money they burned through developing this for several years. Good luck to them.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  7. Eros Marcello

Eros Marcello Noisemaker

Hey mild pump milk,

It's awesome that you're well versed in the variables of magnetic tape degradation because you definitely won't be disappointed!

Humidity, temperature, air pressure, etc. are the the factors that cause loss of lubrication, tape pack expansion/contraction. The Environments menu allows you to choose between Studio Closet, Damp Basement, Hot Locker and Hurricane Sandy. Those four settings encompass the entire rigamarole of elements that go into sonically audible degradation, from mild to extreme.

Best,
    Eros Marcello
    Founder/CEO
    Infernal Love

8. Eros Marcello

Eros Marcello Noisemaker

First and foremost, thanks for starting this thread and getting the conversation going.

You should give the plugin a spin as The Kiss of Shame will have a fully-functional demo period available upon release. I'm confident that you'll find it to be a very unique piece of software that's well worth the cost.

And you're surely right, bootstrapping development for pro-audio plugin is repulsively detrimental to ones finances. Especially when your pals are flying by with "Uber for this" apps and iPhone controllable AC fans that are riding on more VC coattails than I could count. It truly is a labor of love, especially when doing something on the scale that we are.

But then again, if all Infernal Love did was churn out some "Me-too" product then the bells and whistles would all be rather anti-climactic, wouldn't it? ;)

Best,
    Eros Marcello
    Founder/CEO
    Infernal Love

9. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

@Eros Marcello well i can imagine, that this plugins is aimed for professional with big wallets, again 230$ isn't really that much if the plugin is worth it and if it is really unique as you say...

again, good luck to you and your company, hope you get a successful carrier...
    you really wanna get the support of the Audio scene ? GET THE HELL AWAY FROM i-LOK.

10. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  11. Eros Marcello

Eros Marcello Noisemaker

You'll be happy to hear that we've done just that. The extenuating circumstances that have caused The Kiss of Shame release to be be pushed back has been a blessing through-and-through. Our software will be dongle free as we're resorting to our own proprietary means for license and piracy protection.

As for the price point, yes, it has be slightly risen...but that's only because we've been busy adding several more new features to justify the wait time. Like a fine wine, this plugin is the product of a complex fermentation process and may very justify a new sub-market within its category.

One yet-to-be-announced feature I'm referring to has most definitely never before been implemented in a plugin and -not to divulge too much- has warranted the creation of a secondary GUI. I can't wait for everyone to see what I'm talking about. It's taking UX/UI in pro-audio to new terrain!

Best,
    Eros Marcello
    Founder/CEO
    Infernal Love

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Eros Marcello

Eros Marcello Noisemaker

The brain juices are already pumping. I can assure you! But the algorithms are so refined that I would probably conclude you'd see something like that in a V2 release, or at the very least an update far in the future.

My innate talents when it comes to product architecture are heavy handed in UX design. The Kiss of Shame utilized a very Jobsian-era Apple approach but in a virtual fashion. The UI/UX was conceptualized and the algorithms were engineered to fit, thus alleviating the need for secondary menus and an extra load of ticky-tack tweet fatigue knobs/switches/buttons/etc. The entire point -what's taken so long- was coding TKOS of to be so responsive and interactive with whatever material it processes, that only a bare minimum feature be required to achieve truly optimal results.

To put it simply, it does a lot of the work for you. So you can do what's most important, close your eyes, listen, assess and execute the correct measures for mix or master.

Best,
    Eros Marcello
    Founder/CEO
    Infernal Love

13. Eros Marcello

Eros Marcello Noisemaker

I should also note, since the topic of the cost has been touched upon, that we are currently smack dab in the middle of nailing down some attractive incentives for anyone who uses Bitcoin to purchase The Kiss of Shame.

Just F.Y.I. :like:

Best,
    Eros Marcello
    Founder/CEO
    Infernal Love

14. Infidel

Infidel Producer

If I want tape emulation I will use real (no pun intended) Ampex 456 on my calibrated Revox B-77.Best free thing I ever got.:metal:

15. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

Anybody know what happened with this.the Facefuck and Twatter pages have gone and the subscribe email leads to a 404.pie in the sky?the level of modelling described seemed a little too good to be true

16. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

The benefit of doubt my friend. Who knows what demons from Apple/Iphone, Windows, or customer support drove this dev to the breaking point.. My guess if I could pick would be the mostest latter option.. I wouldn't wish troubleshooting this kind of tech with the retarded general public on anyone....