Inear Display Releases Ephemere - Glitch Percussion Synth

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Cav Emp, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

https://www.ineardisplay.com/plugins/ephemere/

[​IMG]

Ephemere is a percussion synthesizer that includes twelve sound generation engines assigned to each note of an octave. The sounds are generated using FM synthesis and can be further sculpted using a multi mode filter and two simple yet flexible envelope generators.

Ephemere makes it easy to add variety to your rhythmic patterns by attaching a randomization setting to most of the synthesis parameters as well as a trigger probability per sound. By keeping the synthesis engine simple yet powerful and providing extensive randomization options, Ephemere is an invaluable tool to very quickly design custom synthetic percussion sounds.

Available as VST and AUDIO UNIT for OS X and Windows (32 and 64 bit).

Interesting. at $30 intro price, I may have to demo this. What it does can be done with a regular FM synth, but if it provides enough quality and convenience I could definitely see it being worth the $30. I'd guess the deciding factor will be if it has individual outputs that can be routed through, say a Drum Rack in Live.

edit: the specs do say multi-out capable. Looks nice.
    second edit: Tried it, digging it. Nobody seems to be paying attention to this post, which is just as well. I may buy this and make it my secret weapon. Eat my dust, audiosex :mad:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. statik

statik Audiosexual

did you buy it yet?? i'm thinking the same, it does sound pretty cool

4. statik

statik Audiosexual

dammit introduction price finished

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

interesting Cav Emp, reminds me a bit of microtonic on the surface, have you ever tried that out and how would you compare/contrast?

6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Never tried microtonic. I actually wasn't aware of it until you mentioned it. I know Sonic Charge has a good reputation though. Inear Display is lesser known but they make pretty cool glitch-oriented stuff.

@statik I did buy it while it was still $30. I'm a fan. It's pretty capable for having such a simple interface. If I weren't an Ableton Live user I would probably be less of a fan, but with Live it's perfect. Its only built-in effect is distortion, but I saved a drum rack preset that makes use of the External Instrument device to route each channel's input and output to a drum pad. This way I can process everything individually with third party plugins, which IMO is better than if it had its own suite of FX since they wouldn't be as impressive as the stuff I have from other devs

7. GODSanAI

GODSanAI Kapellmeister

Intredasting...
    The demos remind me of Plaid and Gridlock

8. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

It sounds nice but I think it's nothing new actually. There's several plugins/libraries that can achieve this and more (glitch related).

9. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

All fair points. I wasn't really trying to frame it as something crazy and novel. I just think it's nice and the intro price was really attractive. I also like that it's a synth instead of a sampler or sample library. You could easily spend that same $30 on a sample library and not get nearly as much mileage as this thing will give you, especially considering the multi-out + Ableton Drum Rack workflow I proposed above. That opens up a world of great sound design possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List