Indeep - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life (Trevor Gordon Remix)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Trevor Gordon, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

Well, I'd just like to give a big thanks to you guys for helping with the time stretching of the vocals. Without you I may have given up on this track all together! Well, here it is! It will be going through judging by Beatport in May so if you think it's up your alley and deserves a vote, then make sure to vote for it! Thanks!!

3. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

I remember the original and this is a good reworking. My only slight criticism is that it sounded rather harsh with perhaps too much top end but otherwise it worked well.

4. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Interesting remix, well done.

5. KingSchlongXVII

KingSchlongXVII Member

Great remix, really well crafted. Incidentally, it's NOT actually the original by Indeep, it's a sample replay by Scorccio for the LNADJ charity. They also did a great job on making it sound like it was the original :)

6. Trevor Gordon

Thanks bro,

I totally agree, I really rushed with the mastering because frankly I was going crazy from working too long and hearing it over and over again! I will leave the mastering to the record producers if I win the contest! If not, I'm going to do a rework. The vocals and the hihats need to be filtered slightly to eliminate that high end.

7. Trevor Gordon

Really? Holy crap! I did not know that. It sounds almost identical!I assumed they just cleaned up the original and added effects!