income withdraw from a digital distributor

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Triple, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hi,
    I'd like to sell my songs in some digital store. Is there a digital distribution site which collects an artist's income from sold songs and the artist can decide when he wants to withdraw the money from the site to his bank account? I mean, I want to know how much money my songs have generated, and I want to be able to choose when the company will transfer the money to my bank account.

I like Bandcamp but it automatically sends the revenue to the artist within 24h after a sale in made, am I right?

(I want to have a control over when I produce an income due to some tax issues)

Thanks for your help!

3. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

You mean "withdrawal?" Try Distrokid. It's $20 a year to upload/distribute as many songs as you might, and you can withdraw funds at any time, after they have accrued, to your PayPal account. TThey have a balance page which shows exactly how much revenue has been generated from each source. I had to go through a few distributors (including, unfortunately, TuneWhore) before I found Distrokid, which is the most realistic and non-shady one yet.

Bandcamp isn't a distributor, it's a vendor. They take up to 48 hours from the sale to pay to the artist, and it's done automatically. It had used to be immediate, until they changed their system. Now I am uncertain that transactions don't get lost or "underreported" or witheld as payments to Bandcamp – they seem kinda crooked, now. And they raised their rate from 10% to 15% so that they could develop a bunch of bullshit features and promote select artists (and what about the rest of us?).

4. Triple

Triple Member

1) To upload music to the stores like itunes etc through Distrokid I don't need to have a paypal account ,right? Distrokid will ask me for my paypal accout or my bank account number only when I want to withdraw my earnings, right?

2) What do you think about selling music through this: ?
    http://www.mgcash.com/soundcloud/