Incidental music (new EP)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by jennyblack, Jan 8, 2022.

1. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Hello everyone,
    Just to share some jams and loops I composed and put together to tell a little story through music just for the fun of it. The inspiration was famous soundtracks made with synths for horror, noir and sci fi movies (Vangelis, John Carpenter, Delia Derbyshire and some Pink Floyd stuff). Hope you enjoy:

Soon after a very mysterious call, a private detective heads for a famous oriental suburb in order to investigate a series of vampire attacks. After attending a weird jazz concert at a semiabandoned theater, a frenetic chase to the monster begins. The final encounter with the creature takes the main character to another world, a paralel universe in a not so distant future where the boundaries between sci-fi and the supernatural fade away.

1 - Opening theme
    2 - Chinatown
    3 - Big band theme
    4 - Theretheme/Vampire chase
    5 - The portal
    (a happy sequence/in a forest/end theme)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

As usual, now the individual tracks are also available for free download at:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Trippy. I like it.

5. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!

6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Wild! I honestly can't get enough vintage songs, so I thought it was kinda neat. It was maybe hard to attach myself to a couple of these songs with them being so abstract.. but they are all pretty cool. Trippy is definitely a good word for it. I like how fucking weird these synth sounds are.. detuned / tape warp sounds and all.

Can I ask what went into the production of this? Synths used, specifically.

Also, can I suggest you put some timestamps in for the different songs so we can clearly know where each individual song is?

7. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Thank you very much for your feedback!

On the first one I used the free Arminator 2 for the bass and the initial sequence. The synth solo is an instance of Air Xpand.
    On the second, Arminator again, and the free Obxd for the solo.
    On the third, it was two samples from a free fairlight cmi sample pack into a sample player vst.
    On the fourth, Zebra CM for the organ and the theremin-like sounds and Obxd again (brass and bass to the end).
    On the last track, it was all Vital (starting with its text to wavetable thingie, then it was Vital till the end).

As you can see, I am a big fan of some free stuff. Unfortunately, Arminator started to crash my daw when using more than one instance. It is a great sounding synth for vintage sounds, nonetheless.
    And there was no big processing, as the intention was to make something very minimalistic, with very few tracks and few effects (that is usually my approach).

Glad you liked! Oh, and I will provide the timestamps, thanks for the suggestion!

8. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I would take this with a grain of salt because I've never used one of the glorious vintage hardware synths in my life, but I like that it's getting harder to distinguish between a real hardware synth and VSTs now.

Thanks for adding the timestamps. Do you have a Soundcloud page, by any chance? (or somewhere to "follow" what you put out)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  9. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

1. Definitely a John Carpenter influence.
    2. The synth lead in Chinatown had a War Of The Worlds vibe to it.
    3. Big Band. Found the synth bird noises annoying.
    4. Similar too piercing lead sound.
    5. Liked the lead synth. Wasn't so sure about the background synths.

10. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

I have more or less abandoned my Soundcloud page (it is still active, but haven't upgraded much), but I have been uploading my songs and collabs at Youtube and Bandcamp. Here you go:

https://celsobj.bandcamp.com/

11. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Here are two collabs I particularly enjoy:

12. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

Mellow - trippy and just great..!

I loved the second track thought I couldn’t get into the third but then loved it – and yes the ride just flowed from there - thanks for sharing. :wink: