in Reaper in Reaverb plugin which parameter shortens reverb time

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by petrrr, Sep 7, 2022.

1. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

i loaded up an impulse in Reaverb but i'm searching for the correct parameter to shorten the reverb time

3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

[see posts further down for correct answers]

I don't think ReaVerb can shorten/lengthen impulse responses.

You'd have to shorten/lengthen the IR yourself or use an IR loader that comes with a time knob, like MConvolutionMB or Convology XT.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  4. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

If you are using a commercial IR pack they should contain IRs of varying length. If you need a shorter reverb: choose one that says either small, short or near.

If you want more control over decay, room size, dampening etc it's better to go with an algorithmic reverb. ReaVerbate is the only stock one that comes with Reaper, but it's pretty horrible unfortunately. Tukan Studios has two good ones that you can download through ReaPack (Lexikan and Lexikan 2). Sai'ke also has some really good algorithmic reverbs you can download through ReaPack, although they are more tailored towards sound design (Lava Reverb, Abyss Reverb and Satan Verb). The one I use the most out of all JS reverbs is probably reverb_hall_3 by Witti. You can download his JS plug-ins pack here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/25168/js_plugins.zip

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. macros

macros Guest

I use liquid sonics reverberate (off the sister site) for my impulse response needs. you can load two separate stereo IRs and blend them, I saw overloud had a new one last week or so too. but reverberate also has a function to change the stretch of the IR you load up.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2022
  6. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

There's a "Stretch" parameter. I don't know what it does, but you should try it.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

yes i seen that, i wonder if thats the main way to do it! i was just checking the most correct way, that might be it

8. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

In the current manual (Reaper User Guide v6.66), pages 309 thru 311 show the relative info you require. Searching/Reading the manual should always be your first option to quickly find answers for basic/intermediate & some advanced Reaper functions.

Starting at 8:08 in the following video, you will see the Reaverb IR functions in action.
    https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#d_oJzLYKUpI

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

lately i hate reading manual or watching videos......youtube videos waste your time to tell u a simple thing just because they get paid for retention, its quite annoying as i also watched tons of videos in my life like that

manual is just not really my thing as most times i attempt to read something sometimes its too technical to understand the way they write.

10. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Directing you to the relevant info in the manual & video was to save you time. A simple keyword search in the manual would have led you to the same pages. The video I referenced is on the Reaper video server, not youtube. There you will find a vast range of Reaper tutorials.

If you are not willing to read manuals and such, I, would suggest that you use a simpler/dummed-down program Music Maker or Garage Band that uses predefined templates & presets.

11. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

i'm only using reaper!!!!!!!!!!! currently

12. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

It is now very obvious that you are here "trolling" and seeking attention. Not here to gain or, share useful & productive knowledge.

You are now on my ignore list. Now that's funny...

13. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

anyway thanks for the link i'll try watch it later

14. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Adding Trim/Gain/Stretch tool is one way, just using the Reverb Generator tool is another.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

in the reverb generator i see length/volume/room size/dampening

i guess all of that too
    will have to check them again

thanks!

16. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

But don't you think you could get a lot more done if you stuck to one topic and one synth for two full weeks rather than doing a tiny bit of everything all the time?

17. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

man u're most likely right same as quadcore64 but i don't seem to function like that right now

18. macros

macros Guest

you are doing YOURSELF (not anyone else) a disservice by not FORCING yourself to go through the manual or people like ReaperBlog or IDDQDsounds YouTube channels. It IS incredibly boring and technical but more than any other daw I've messed with (pro tools, logic, reason, Ableton, FL studio over the years but mostly Ableton) you NEED to get into the depths of the preferences to get the most of out of reaper, because by default a lot of the settings kinda suck. like the rendering quality being set at below medium.

you are punishing yourself more in the long run by avoiding the punishment of dealing with the technical bs now. I actually agree with what someone else said- if you're not willing to deal with that (very understable btw if thats the case! tweaking default settings and keybinds and mouse modifiers is NOT making music, but after that learning curve you WILL be able to make music in your ideal workflow- which is huge) then I don't think it's a bad idea to change daws to something more streamlined out of the box. like ableton.

The manual is fucking hundreds of pages long, there are hours of videos just on settings. I'm not saying that part is fun, but it is absolutely worth it to figure out. a couple of months later I am not pulling the manual out anymore unless I get stuck, but if I hadn't made myself watch some vids on things I'd still be fighting the midi editor defaults instead of now being able to use it faster than I could Abletons.

19. petrrr

petrrr Kapellmeister

man in my past i actually watched many many many hours of reaper tutorials and even tried reading the manual.

i even tried going through all kenny videos at some point in the past

doesn't mean i remember most of the things as i'm not using them all the time

if i don't continually use something i forget about it it seems like so lately i'm trying to learn only what i want to use

but i believe its all up to appetite...one day i might decide to just read the manual who knows

i just don't want to do it right now

you guys seem very knowledgeable i don't know if u studied formally or if u're all self taught but in any way each one grasps/understands things differently