in Need of a sampler vst2 plugin with timestretch feature!

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by ArticStorm, Jun 9, 2015.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

i recently noticed that ableton has not yet(or never) implemented a time stretch feature into simpler nor sampler, thats really annoying when your starting material is quite short on playback and im not to happy to grab everytime paulstretch and adjust my sample material length. (it breaks the workflow a lot and therefore the creativity).

i would like to get to know about a simple sampler vst with the features of simpler/sampler, but with timestretch feature.
    (so nothing like Kontakt for example or nothing inside Reaktor(feel not comfortable to work with both))

im on windows 7 x64, but still using ableton 9 x86 and im not really planning in the future to upgrade my ableton to x64, so it would be nice, when the plugin is still x86 vst2.

3. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

This might work..

https://tonecarver.wordpress.com/tcstretch/

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Best Answer
    Studio One built-in samplers are just bad imo. I use Izotope Iris 2 when it comes to play melodies or chords with samples. You can use regular pitch or use RT advance algorythm for complex stuff. It comes vst2 vst3 and au, both win and Mac. Best sampler For me even better than Kontakt.

5. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I'm almost positive Image Line SliceX does timestretch.

I'm barely acquainted with it, as I'm 99% Ableton for production and I've already fallen in love with Sampler. But FL users absolutely swear by SliceX, and from my very limited experience, I seem to remember that timestretching was a breeze with it once I found the corresponding tool. Only problem with that particular VST is that it's got so many features in such a compact, single-panel interface that I was constantly getting lost in it. I'd find some important feature, then be unable to retrieve it again, or forget how I found it in the first place.

But spend some time with it. I'm sure if you're more dedicated to learning it than I was it will reveal its secrets. Good luck!

7. Pete

Pete Member

Hey Arctic,

I'm not sure if it will help you, but if you warp the audio using warp markers, then freeze and flatten the track before copying it into Simpler/Sampler that gives you the mangled audio. So you can keep an iteration of the audio on a track and duplicate it before freezing and flattening and then putting it into Simpler/Sampler.

I agree it's SUCH an oversight but then.. isn't everything that's missing from Live? :)

8. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I stumbled across a 'sound design and step sequencing in Kontakt' tutorial on youtube once. I was like... :wow: it can do all THAT?

You'd never know, seems to me like everything is hidden in Kontakt. Like they don't want you to know how to use it :rofl:

11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

A realtime stretch VST? Go granular! Turn over to the dark side, young audiosexwalker.