In light of recent divisive forum posts....back to an interesting music topic :)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Beth, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Beth

Beth Guest

Here is a link to an interesting BBC Music article. It's called
    '10 astonishing record-breakers in global music'

Includes:

1. Most recorded artist in music history - Asha Bosle
    2. World's largest pop group - AKB48
    3. Most viewed Spanish language song on Youtube
    4. Most successful bhangra singer
    5. The coldest ever gig
    6. No. 1 in Germany
    7. Best selling middle eastern artist of all time.
    8. Longest concert - 501 hours
    9. Biggest French single.

10. Most robots dancing simulataneously - 1,007

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/3c824721-6f0f-4561-bcbd-d3e56c640eb1

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Aliens

Aliens Guest

Number six is just taking ze piss

4. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

While we Germans make fun of Grönemeyers way to sing (he's muttering extremely), his music actually is touching because of the lyrics, less because of the sound.

His own label now produces lots of German singing young talents like Phillip Poisel, but also american or canadian talents like Emely Haines. Even old working horses like Gang Of Four. His taste is wide-spread.

5. Aliens

Aliens Guest

No idea who that is. I was just making a pun about number one's (a term for having a wee) being said with a German accent.

6. Beth

Beth Guest

@Aliens Ah!....now I understand your post. I didn't last night when I read it :) I thought you meant that you didn't believe the guy was popular in Germany :)

So it's a case of ...."Mother was called to assist her small child in the bathroom when she was going number one and number two." :)

@tulamide thank you for the insight. I have never heard of him but will google him now :like:

I dont know most of the artists in that list but I am going to check them all out to hear what they sound like. A nice way to discover new music that has passed me by for whatever reason.

And if anyone is interested ...another way i hear a lot of great music that I didn't know about before is listening to a weekly internet radio show called "The Midnight Hour" on www.crowzone.co.uk on Fridays at 9pm UK time. A mix of dance, dubstep, glitch hop, hardstyle. EDM, rock, metal. @DarthFader on here told me about it and it's definitely worth checking out!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2017
  7. Aliens

Aliens Guest

yep, just joking. If it were French I'd have put taking le piss etc...

8. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

So they were all controlled by one mobile phone? That's what I call diasy chaining

9. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Yep, I also tune in every now and then. Worth it!

10. Beth

Beth Guest

@Aliens I see where you were going and like good intentioned humor :)

Language and cultural differences are a bit tricky sometimes huh. I have lived places where 'taking the piss' can have several meanings too.....apart from meaning a Number 1 lol

Taking the piss is a Commonwealth term meaning to take liberties at the expense of others, or to be unreasonable. It is often used to mean (or confused with) taking the piss out of, which is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule, or scoff....(wikipedia)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2017