(in)correct liquid cooling setup

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by tzzsmk, Aug 26, 2020.

1. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

YouTube just recommended me this video, it's incredibly useful, anyone who even considers using AIO liquid cooler on CPU should watch it thoroughly..

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I've seen this video too and was a bit shocked that according to this, my cooling setup should be ineffcient and is maybe damaging to the hardware.

I have a Liquid Freezer 240 (Version 1) and it is front mounted as in this photo (not my build): https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_10_2015/post-29658-0-08773300-1443983924.jpg. But on my buiId the tubes are attaching to the right side of the pump and not from the bottom. Because the tubes on it are really short.

According to gamers Nexus this is not really optimal, but my delidded i7 67000k overclocked to 4.7 gHz runs below 30°C in idle and never goes above 65°C under stress. And it has been running for 3 years like that now. That doesn't really sounds like inefficient cooling to me. So I don't really know if the issues is as big as he claims. From my exerience it is not, but meybe it runs even better, if I try to turn the pump header 90 degrees clockwise.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Willum

Willum Rock Star

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

5. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

So true.
    I tried to fix my USB Port of my first gen NI Komplete Audio 6 Interface today because ot was failing… now it's broken… fucking Native Instruments unserviceable shit. I bet this is a predetermined breaking point

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List