In Ableton is there any way to open in ReWire slave with VSTs?

Discussion in 'Live' started by Bunford, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Self explanatory really...but as some extra info...

I am trying to create everything in Ableton as I prefer it's environment for creation but track everything in Studio One. Essentially, the ideal would be to open Studio One as Master, then open Ableton as a ReWireSlave and create everything in Ableton but have audio run to separate tracks in Studio One so I can use Studio One to record the audio, mix and master within it. However, when you open Ableton as ReWire slave it doesn't seem to let you access VSTs.

Any ideas? Or ideas for a workaround?

3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

4. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

Yea it sucks that you can't in rewired Ableton but couldn't you just route each individual track from Abe into its own separate track in Studio One and use your VST's there?

Or if you're talking about using vsti's then maybe work in Live standalone and then freeze those tracks so you can route them into Studio One and continue what you want to do there?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  5. saltwater

saltwater Guest

6. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Limitaion of the rewire protocol I'm afraid. You also cant use your Push if you have one... :-(

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This won't work as I need to load the VST synths in Ableton first to be able to route their audio into Studio One :)