IMSTA FESTA (2018) Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by InTheMix, May 23, 2018.

1. InTheMix

InTheMix Kapellmeister

I went to this event at SAE Institute over the weekend. It was fun. About 35 companies and a crowd of 600 people. What I like about smaller events such as these (compared to the Namm) is that you have enough time to talk to almost all representatives and all that. Not all 35 participants had come prepared but the rest did pretty well.

I took some videos as well as still pictures and compiled them all in one video. The first 3 presentations are by NI, Sonarworks and FL Studio and the rest are pictures of some of the products that were available.

They had 40% discounts for some products..etc.

Here's the video:

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
  4. InTheMix

InTheMix Kapellmeister

They actually did bring some really good guest film composers. I had to leave early so I wasn't able to see the video game music section of the program. That education/marketing job is pretty important for any kind of public workshop. If you don't have the right person, you shouldn't participate at all. I love native instruments but they weren't all that impressive in this event. She didn't even have a mic to speak into. Then half way into the program they bring her a "Headphone" and she had to speak into the headphone cone....finally towards the end someone brings a mic but not a stand, so she had to hold that big ass mic... . lol ....I mean it made the whole thing funny so people weren't complaining but still I find it strange where people show up at a pro-audio event without thinking about the most basic set ups. I was able to get my sound because I gave her a wireless AVX mic.

Aside from all this, it was a fun event. I got to meet some new friends and talked to real nice people...I also get to work on my poor videography skills! Picked up on this photo/video hobby not too long ago, so I'm still struggling with the settings big time.

5. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

6. InTheMix

InTheMix Kapellmeister

ha ha ha...That's totally true!

Next month Vintage King is hosting a few workshops I think. One for Adam monitors and the other has to do with Ableton. I might check 'em out.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  7. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest