Importing Mp4 into studio one Black Screen

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by MaXe, Aug 25, 2017.

1. MaXe

MaXe Kapellmeister

Hi guys,
    I have tried to import video into studio one several times but each time I face weird problems. Sometimes nothing loads and it simply does not work. Sometimes the audio of the video would load on the track and would be shown but the black screen would be seen instead of the video itself. Anyways, the video does not load at all. I also tried different video formats except Mp4 but didn't succeed. I searched the google and found results about people having the same problem but no working solution had been provided.
    BTW, I am currently using Studio one 3.5.1.43560 Win x64 ( Built on Jun 23 2017 )
    I appreciate your help.

3. MaXe

MaXe Kapellmeister

Any solution guys?

4. Kwjones30

Kwjones30 Noisemaker

I don't know the size of the file you are using. i normally resize a file to something small like 120mb. I then drag and drop onto studio one to its own track. then press play and stop in the console to make sure the video start and stop. don't push play in the video window.

5. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

S1's audio output device must be different than your media player's. For example, if you're using asio4all with gom player, select your audio interface for S1 and then add the video.

6. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

MP4 is not a format. It's a container.

Video could be any of: ASP, H264, H265
    Audio could be any of: AC3, MP3, AAC, ALS, ALAC

Run your mp4s over mediainfo to get media info, and make sure you install the codec frameworks as S1 expects.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Haven´t you tried Reaper? For me it´s the best working DAW for video and of course accepts MP4, which is a video format not a container. Good luck.

8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Yes I have ..and yes it is.... a wonderful container for my crappy music.. :bleh:

A format is a file container that holds one or more codecs – video, audio, or even data. The container format contains information about the video, audio, and data tracks that it holds. Some example container formats are mov (Quicktime), mp4, ogg, and avi.

MPEG’s MP4 container is an industry standardized format based on Apple Quicktime MOV with some additional extending features. It is commonly an acquisition and delivery format. Although it can contain different codecs, the most commonly used codecs in the MP4 container like h.264 aren’t totally suitable in an editing environment.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List