Important news from VPS Avenger developer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Robin Hood, Aug 13, 2019.

1. albackwardz

albackwardz Member

Yep...my bad guys and gals! :wink:

2. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

And this is why Vengeance is not the brand it use to be.

5+ years agos, everyone were swearing only by Vengeance soundbank and Nexus, the brand name was everywhere and everyone knews it (kind of like Cymatics/Serum now, even if it's not the same kind of plugin). Now Vengeance is a brand like any other and you don't even see their "past glory" on their website which look a bit overdated.

The problem is not the cracked synth (it's been on sister site since a month, and expension start to popup only since few days), it's their policy to fight against something they can't fight. If Serum had a dongle and wasn't cracked at all, no one would use it except some VSTi nerds (no offence, I put myself in that category too), and same for Sylenth (it still used by a lot because people know there's not much differences between cracked v2 and protected v3), and that's this massive availability that make them popular and make people buy them, because there are still people who buy their synth (including myself, even if I use cracked stuff, I always buy a plugin I use in a track when this track make enough money to buy the plugin, and synth usually come before fx in my priority).

The mistake with Vengeance is that they try to fight something they can't win, and should invest in a modern marketing team to embrace that cracked era, and become a leading brand again, instead of a coding team to fight it and slowly becoming an obscure brand. Because the good thing is that they still make good product.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. ahjs

ahjs Kapellmeister

Nobody wants to drive this company to ruin.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Lol I've tried this argument on sites like KVR and GS. People don't like it, say I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm not a dev. They just don't know what I know because I can't tell them the truth: I hang out with you barbarians :rofl:

idgaf about dongles because I have Cubase. Otherwise it'd prob annoy me a little, but there's been so many free major updates I'm not gonna bitch about a paid one if it keeps Avenger going. Elicenser is shit for multiple activations but that's basically my only bitch. The one thing that is a little irritating about this situation is there has been a chorus of "but what about soft e-licenser" on KVR which as far as I've seen has been met with silence. Has soft eLCC been cracked any time since Air?

Regarding everything else... This place is hilarious sometimes.

Avenger gets cracked...
    Everybody: Oh my god Avenger is so GREAT

Avenger may use a dongle in the future...
    Everybody: Avenger was never any good and Manuel sucks at sound design.

lmao so petulant and transparent. Yes, the XPs are overpriced, I would never recommend that anyone buy them for any more than half off, even though some are good. Even $35 for presets to me is a pass tbh. I bought a couple when they were half off. I've gotten some use out of the soundsources, wavetables, granular samples, etc., but in retrospect I'd probably rather have spent that money on something else. Yes, the genre specific stuff... well it's genre specific, what do you expect. If you're making music following the guidelines to sound like so-and-so, and you're using sounds specifically made to sound like so-and-so you can hardly complain when it sounds generic.

That aside, Avenger is still one of if not the most flexible workhorse synth for actually making sounds. If your complaint is that it doensn't sound as good as u-he, I guess I can meet you halfway on that one. But if you're saying you can't make a usable sound with it, the problem might be you. It's a fucking synth. It's got oscillators, filters, modulators and effects. The only difference is it has more of all of the above, and doens't force you to use them a certain way.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Dongle crap will hurt their business in the long term, imo, in terms of brand popularity.( I personally won't buy or recommend any dongle crap.)

Still, I think that you guys underrate the influence of something being free on the sales - NI almost abandoned their software synths (and they are not anything special anymore) and invested in hardware development, because it is way more profitable than developing software that gets cracked the same day it is released... (I know plenty of producers with modular walls and all kinds of effects and synth keyboards(the funny part is that they can't really play, wow), but with almost all cracked software on their machines.)

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

It remains to be seen if the choice to use a dongle will hurt their business in the long run.

Look at Steinberg, Slate, UAD or Softube for example: Using a dongle was very wise in the long run to protect their intellectual property.

Are they losing some money? Maybe. Would they be losing more money without the dongle? Certainly, otherwise they would have simply stopped using it.

Bottom line is that the dongle makes perfect sense from a business perspective. Of course, from a potential buyer position, this is considered to be a potential hassle to say the least.

7. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

damn straight to the point but all those developers you know them personally or just know their names?

8. johnw

johnw Kapellmeister

Too much talk , over an cold , digital synth . Buy ? Yes , but something like Diva or Repro . Buy ? Yes , but something like an Korg M3 .
    This avenger to me is the next nexus , is here now , but it will be gone soon ...

9. DJK

DJK Rock Star

correct and corrected thx

10. But that's what it's like on the legit forums. Something comes along and it's whooo hooo hoo The Best until the next big thing comes along. People who do this ain't going anywhere because they're dependent on the tide to bring some audio driftwood in that they can collect up and think they're doing well.

I'm an Airwindows Patreon, not because he gives his product away to all comers, but because I want him to keep going making more. That's the part of all this that the permanently freeloading don't get. One day you're going to wake up and find VPS Awenger is just history. If you don't support the tools you use, then lose the tools you use. If you have no cash at all none of this matters because you're never going to amount to anything anyway.

Skin in the game dudes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

I was going to make this SICK Avengers End Game graphic to post on this thread.
    I had the idea all day laughing to my self.
    Then I got stoned.. I'm still laughing about it though lol. Would have been way to funny

12. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

nah man please post it man come on don't give up

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Now VR has a price on his head!

14. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

just like Nexus this is the most overrated softsynth , rompler

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

:deep_facepalm::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

the thing is the dongles already out are sort of accepted but nobody wants ad more dongles or use a hub for dongles..

17. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Dear God.

Indeed.

I had the same issue when I took a new Merc for a test drive. The guy said I had to give it back afterwards. So I explained to him that sometimes 30 minutes is not enough. So I stole it.

I hope the judge sees things my way.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  18. That's TWOCing that is. Taking Without the Owner's Consent. Carries a much lesser sentence. In my day it was called Tickling Dog's Arses. TDA. Taking and Driving Away. Very popular in Liverpool.

19. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

No man, i dont know none of them except from YouTube tutorials when i am watching, but looks like i know them in person from my comments hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. NyquistFrequency

NyquistFrequency Newbie

What's with this forum? First people reply to op as if he was the developer and then they are sure that the developer at least reads the comments here. What kind of leap is that?
    More likely that he has been tipped off or found his stuff on a torrent site (which are far more known than this forum here).