import accompaniment styles of midi keyboards in a vsti module

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by nunziaforum, Jun 19, 2019.

1. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

is there any vsti capable of doing this?
    or some system to do it in cubase?
    thanks to those who will be able to answer .

3. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

not sure if there's VSTi for that yet but some software can play certain brand:
    - one man band
    - Varranger2
    (with some bit of learning curve and tweaking stuff, we might get resulting midi and export/import to DAW for post-edit)

this guy have some tools for yamaha:
    http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software.htm

4. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

...and with MIDI routing like this:http://www.copperlan.org/....you can route your MIDI keyboard-->copperlan-->vArranger-->copperlan-->"your MIDI recording software".

In this case i give the copperlan MIDI software as example. But you can do it with many other out there. The Copperlan is free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

thanks but in this case, tweaking with the various routings would then result in an out of sync operation between the external software and the sequencer, so after recording you should synchronize everything manually right?

6. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

I think you can setup a MIDI clock on the software recorder and record in sync(the software starts when it receive first MIDI information).

7. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

great I want to try with varranger2 to see if I can associate it in cubase :) if there were tutorials would be welcome ..

yet I was wondering .. there are so many keyboards emulated for kontakt type: roland, yamaha, korg, but all containing only sampler sounds and no kind of styles like ever ?? they should also emulate the banks with the styles not? yet they don't even cost a little ... here are some models that are also very well made, but without styles!

but there are so many others well done, pity that none contains the styles .. :(:dunno:

8. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

i assume what you're trying to achieve is getting those keyboard styles into cubase.

yes it is possible. just things to note:
    1. keyboard styles are not in midi format. (eg. Yamaha: style.psr / Korg: style.PA4X / etc.)

2. to convert that into midi files format (style.mid) - Varranger2 can read keyboard styles and translate into midi. One man band can do it too. Just a bit of work to be done.

There's some sites shared this keyboard styles btw. Here's some:
    http://www.midipart.gr/main/index.php?page=mypage&op=openPage&id=28&title=Yamaha-Styles-&-Sounds---By-Admin
    http://www.keyboardlovers.nl/The-Unofficial-YAMAHA-Keyboard-Resource-Site/Styles/

Let me know if you did it. I tried but stopped at Varranger2 because Studio One 4 not exist yet that time hehe.. might re-visit back

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

(deleted - double posting.) weird :dunno:

10. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

I tried already before posting this thread and I didn't find anything, I don't know why now they block the thread, thank you I am just Testing on the varranger 2 trying to get the styles, and I notice that it contains many but I was wondering if I already have many styles in possession after having converted them to .mid how can I then use them as if it were a real keyboard via kontakt or cubase?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  11. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Depends, if you just want the keyboard style to play VSTi, no need to route to Cubase because Varranger2 can host VSTi.
    https://www.varranger.com/wiki/index.php?title=VSTi

If you need the keyboard style in midi format for arranging in DAW, maybe Cubase & S1 chord track features will do.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  12. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

perfect :) great information and if you wanted to use the styles in the chord track function of cubase 10 pro, could you give me an example of how to import them?

13. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Once done converting styles to midi format, just open the midi files in Cubase. Usually this style are all sets in C major. Cubase & S1 chord track features can be use to transpose to other chords / building chord progression / etc.

14. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

yes, but the problem is that I didn't understand how to import personal midi since I can only import factory midi files from the chord track, but I can't show them anything about my midi folders, cubase doesn't let me insert them except that the factory ones :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

is this the path to import midi style right?:dunno:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019