Immediate notification of posts is filling my in box

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by google, Jul 2, 2011.

1. google

google Newbie

Immediate notification spams me with lots of e-mails on the same topic

I prefer being told immediately about the first new post since I read a thread,
    and then nothing until i visit the forum (even if loads of new posts have been made)

it means conversation stay fresh

and my inbox doesnt look like
    audioSEX
    audioSEX
    audioSEX
    audioSEX
    audioSEX
    audioSEX

I might try delayed notification but i've heard that can be a bit useless on other forums.

--
    or are you gong to say to look for replies
    goto the forum
    click topics
    and look for replies

a bit clunky

3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

So far my inbox hasnt done that but thanks for the info

4. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Why don't you just disable notifications?

Another thing:
    Why does it take so long before a post gets published??
    Okay i understand, there are no Moderators on AudioZ...
    Probably that's better...when we see what they're messing up on other boards.

5. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

unfortunately, that is something i couldn't turn off in admin panel. you have to do it by yourself:
    [​IMG]

6. google

google Newbie

cheers Saint

its a shame because it will make the forum a bit static (and stop it ever really getting lively)

i usually post on a forum and come back if i get a reply notification by email

as soon as i join a forum i set it to always let me know of replies, but usually this is limited to one until i visit the forum. this forum model doesn't do that.

i use multiple forums so i dont start my day by checking every forum i've ever posted on!

if i start a topic, i would like to get an email if theres a reply but only one , even if i have multiple replies,

it means the discussion 'happens when it happens' rather than 'odd bits here and there'.

i subscribed to about 8 posts and already i am getting 18 emails a day so I've unsubscribed to them.

It's just my opinion, it depends what you're trying to do with the forum. but i feel it will handicap the growth of it :(

7. Calcatian

Calcatian Newbie

this near-anarchic model of operation is one of the main reason i like audioz so much :thumbsup: and that's why i respekt SAiNT!! :wink:

there are only a few basic ground rules to follow and with them kept in place everything goes so smoothly on their own.

so far this has outlasted ANY problems that came in the way before this community.

as for this setting i think it is OK for everyone to set it as their own liking, to each his own preference. *yes*
    some like the notifications for practical reasons and others feel overwhelmed by them.

8. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

there are millions boards running on IPB engine and all have the same settings.
    if you don't want to be automatically subscribed, then uncheck the option in your settings;
    therefore you can always choose which topic you want to subscribe for:
    [​IMG]