Images missing in 8dio instruments, GUI messed up

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by chris030, Oct 25, 2013.

1. chris030

chris030 Noisemaker

Hello everyone !

i'd be really happy if someone has a solution for this very annoying phenomenon :) :

recently i've installed a few 8dio-libraries (Kontakt version 5.2.1), and all of their GUI's are messed up;
    faders with no description overlapping each other, and obviously there are images missing.
    For example, when loading an Adagio Violins patch, it asks for a wallpaper.jpg, which is nowhere to find (in specified path or lib folder).
    When loading a Steinway patch, it does not ask for images (and there is a background image), but the GUI is messed up, too.

I've read about some ppl having similar problems, but no one posted a solution for this.
    Also - it is not possible to add these libraries to the tab ("no library found")....i guess this is unusual, too ?

Again, thanks a lot for help..love these libraries, but they're useless right now.

3. LV-426

LV-426 Newbie

First Solution: Is that you have not installed or the wrong place, the Win or Mac Installeur for pictures.

For some libraries of 8Dio, you must install in (exemple) C:\Users\BlaBla\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures\8DIO_Piano1928

Second: 8DIO does not make NICNT File. Never. So, search about a wallpaper and NICNT File on the site.

4. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Had the same problems. For the Steinway, you have to install the "Legacy_1928_UI_Installer_WIN.exe", and you have to be sure that the pictures which are installed are in the right place.

Stupid Windows 7 has different places depending on what you already have installed. On my machine e.g. I found those two paths for Kontakt:

Code:
    C:\Users\..\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\
    containing:
    Code:
    Db
    KConvert Logs
    KConvert Temp
    pictures
    QuickLoad
    Temporary Conversions
    UndoBuffers
    and

Code:
    C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\
    containing:

Code:
    Crashlogs
    ir_samples
    pictures
    presets
    scripts
    :dunno:

Only one picture path was working, but I forgot which one. So just search for those locations and try it out. :wink: I just put the 1928 pictures in both paths, now it works. *yes*

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Some of Windows7 software's default content locations

Program folder x86 / x64
    ProgramData
    User / Appdata
    Local / Roaming
    My Documents
    C://
    D:// !!
    E:// ??!!!
    behind the computer desk
    in the broom cupboard under the stairs
    down the side of the sofa with the tv remote
    the kitchen drawer where everything ends up except kitchen utensils
    the dustbin
    etc etc etc

all good fun :snuffy:

6. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Windows is a pain, but also the Native Instruments habit of installing so much crap into my boot partition. After having installed a lot of NI stuff I have so much garbage in moy c partition which I don't know whether to keep or get rid of. :snuffy:

7. chris030

chris030 Noisemaker

wow, thanks guys for all the help !

now i see i overlooked that UI installer (how could that happen...i'm getting old :) ), installed it, but still - no images.
    I traced the path given during installation, the K5 pictures folder is empty, as well the other
    locations you suggested. I even checked SillySausages places (the 'kitchen drawer where everything ends up except kitchen utensils' is my default btw :P).

DokX, since you have the Steinway installed - would you do me a big favour and look up the exact name of one of the pictures ?
    Then i could search by name ...i mean, something was installing there, just WHERE ? :)

And for the other libraries...i hope to find those nicnt's and wallpapers here, and tryout a library manager tool.

Thanks again !

8. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

This is my path to the pictures:

Code:
    C:\Users\..\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures\8DIO_Piano1928
    Names:

Code:
    Bar_L.png
    Bar_L.txt
    Bar_R.png
    Bar_R.txt
    Bell_On.png
    Bell_On.txt
    Cover.png
    Cover_3.png
    Cover_3.txt
    curve.png
    curve.txt
    Dial_Large.png
    Dial_Large.txt
    Dial_Small.png
    Dial_Small.txt
    Fader.png
    Fader.txt
    Guitar_On.png
    Guitar_On.txt
    Hang_On.png
    Hang_On.txt
    Hard_On.png
    Hard_On.txt
    Metal_On.png
    Metal_On.txt
    Noise.png
    Noise.txt
    null.png
    null.txt
    null_2.png
    null_2.txt
    Off.png
    On.png
    On.txt
    Options_Cover.png
    Options_Cover.txt
    Pedal_Label.png
    Pedal_Label.txt
    Pipeharp_On.png
    Pipeharp_On.txt
    Prop_On.png
    Prop_On.txt
    Screw.png
    Screw.txt
    Slider.png
    Slider.txt
    Soft_On.png
    Soft_On.txt
    Softest_On.png
    Softest_On.txt
    Stac_On.png
    Stac_On.txt
    table.png
    table.txt

9. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

fyi in earlier versions of kontakt the user pictures folder was in AppData. i don't know when it changed, but with K5 the user folder is in user/documents/native instruments/kontakt 5.

also some 8dio libraries have an installer that places resources in the user folder and some don't. for instance i have cellos, violins and postapocalyptic guitar. the only one with an installer was cellos, but all of them work fine.

10. chris030

chris030 Noisemaker

thanks a million, DokX !!! :bow:

that solved it ! I found them in the "second" user folder (C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Native Instruments)
    i forgot there are 2 different in win7 (whyever). Before i just clicked on the one in left explorer bar...which contained no images.
    So i copied them there and in the appdata/local/... and now it works for 2 libraries :)

Too bad now, i realize, the Steinway sounds beautiful, but is mostly out of phase and dynamically unbalanced :/ (i thought the same about the violins btw...very unbalanced,
    tho such a nice basic sound... can anyone confirm this ? ).

However, big thanks to everyone, problem solved :)

11. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

If I try to use the Steinberg, I get serious memory issues, though I have 8 gigs or RAM ready I'm still on Live 32bit, so I guess I have to upgrade some day. *yes*

12. chris030

chris030 Noisemaker

thats strange...i'm running it with 4 gigs (Cubase7 32bit, Win7 x64), and it's "ok" (have to set latency to 512 though, otherwise lots of dropouts, despite Rme Aio and 4 cores :snuffy: )

13. DAWling2

DAWling2 Newbie

I have this same problem with 8 Dio on a Mac Mini .7 Kontakt 3.5 and it is hit or miss what works and what does not. I bought wrenchenspiel and got the free Angels instrument with it. NEITHER work. I need a fix. If anyone has had the problem and solved it for MAC please let me know!!!