Image Line users organized a Sytrus Challenge

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Amirious, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Hello folks!

I always enjoy having an insider look into other producers project files. getting to see how they use different plugins, FX chains and their techniques and workflow is so valuable and inspiring.

So apparently, FL users are organizing contests in official forums purely for fun.
    There's this Sytrus challenge posted to Image Line news with access to winner's project. I opened the project this morning just to take a quick look. 2 hours have passed since then and I'm still trying to examine patches with a raised eyebrow.

I'm impressed. It's funky and sounds like a daft punk track to me. There's a lot to learn here. from a resynthesized bass sample of an Amiga game to replicating classic patches. He did use about 20 stock presets though but everything else is from scratch (as he explains in the project file's info).

In case you didn't know about this challenge, its over. everytime the winning member gets to decide the rules for the next challenge. for this one, these rules were using only Sytrus and automation and default mixer controls. no plugins or effects. even a limiter.

Here's a link to Loop Talk: http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=169613
    Go grab the project and be amazed by how much can be done with only using what you already have.

3. JonnyRich

JonnyRich Member

4. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Yep! lots of helpful resources. after I examined some of these projects I'm using SliceX for drums too not just loops and chops. You just drag samples into SliceX window while holding shift then you can use all 8 articulators to shape and randomize each individual hit. You'll get more human sounding drums (by layering round-robins) and less cluttered projects like this [​IMG]