Image-Line Minihost Modular (Beta)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Regz, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Regz

Regz Producer

"Minihost Modular is a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST/AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities. As a VST/AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend your existing DAW software with a powerful modular environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio's Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host."

Have you seen it yet?
    It seems cool.... and is totally FREE... *yes*

More info and Download here:
    http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?f=1919&t=121548

3. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

I've spent a lot of time playing with this one (its free, in beta though)

overall I say four out of five stars. very useful, but needs updates, bugfixes, and more quality in the pudding.
    looks like it comes from Tobybear minihost, or similar that's for sure.
    sound quality suffers just a tad on my cheap machine when compared to cantabile, but it'll do things cantabile couldn't dream of.

here for example, setting up this 9 band splitter in cantabile would take a lot more time. let alone setting up the selective sidechain.

[​IMG]

hope the image came through, but please forgive im a novice.
    now, as a host its usefull but needs work. but I notice that IL has put a great deal of emphasis on the in DAW version, patcher. several really good designers have posted useful patcher setups. I hope to see more development and uses for this little guy