Image-Line End of Year Sale: Save up to $100 USD on FL Studio - Dec 2, 2022

Discussion in 'Software News' started by BEAT16, Dec 3, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Image-Line End of Year Sale: Save up to $100 USD on FL Studio - Dec 2, 2022

Image-Line has announced the launch of its 2022 End of Year Sale, offering a discount on selected editions of the FL Studio music production software through the end the year.

NOW is the time to get $50 OFF FL Studio Producer Edition. $100 OFF FL Studio All Plugins Edition or up to $100 off FL Studio Upgrades + Lifetime Free Updates and Bonus plugin and sample pack content.

First time customers can save on FL Studio 12:
    • FL Studio All Plugins Edition $399 USD ($100 USD OFF regular)
      • + 5 Bonus Plugins (UVI Digital Synsations, XTT by Vinai, Pumper3, MVibratoMB, FireCharger), total value $394.90 USD.
      • + 5 Bonus Sample Packs (Heatwave, Red Light, Nu Soul, Dreaming About You, Rumble), total value $137.55 USD.
    • FL Studio Producer Edition $149 USD ($50 USD OFF regular)
      • + 1 Bonus Plugin (XTT By VINAI), value $39.90 USD.
      • + 5 Bonus Sample Packs (Trap Aura, Tech House, The Morning After, 3AM, Disco Pop), total value $97 USD.
    Existing FL Studio users can upgrade starting from $60 USD during the promotion, which ends January 1st, 2023.

More information: Image-Line

3. Do Do

Do Do Member

I got excited.
    I added to cart.
    I saw a hidden cost of "18% tax".
    I canceled.
    :unsure:

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  4. uladzislau

uladzislau Producer

[​IMG]
    no comment...
    20 euros off the original price. sheeeesh

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. TryHard

TryHard Kapellmeister

The stated discounts and prices are still correct (pre-tax) however.

As for the post-hike total ... blame the taxman!

This is the same for many other software DAWs and plugin developers. Many will do likewise and advertise their product prices without including the sales tax / VAT.

I have gotten used to this when purchasing audio software and plugins, etc. However, it is nice to sometimes come across ones who either include (any added) sales tax within their advertised prices, or who explicitly label their prices as 'before tax'.

I guess for most, it makes more sense to advertise 'pre-tax' prices as ... A) These deals probably look more attractive. B) Each country/region's sales tax can vary, and C) Some people can be exempt from tax and so can flag that condition at the checkout. Meaning, they actually do just pay the advertised pre-tax prices.

As far as Image-Line and FL Studio is concerned. I would advise anyone who likes to use this DAW, to jump on one of these (usually) End-of-Year deals as soon as they can afford to. Since, the whole dealio with FLS, is that it is a one-off purchase, with Lifetime Free Updates. So, once you go legit, customers can relax and know they'll always have access to the latest and greatest version of the software, without having to pay-to-play with their newest updated toy ever again.

Not too shabby of a deal, compared to their competitors, imho!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Do Do

Do Do Member

In my country, $200 is a average monthly income of most families.
    I got a second hand pc for 180$ after saving for 2 years.
    FL is no doubt more affordable than other daws. But generally speaking, a software of this kind should not be priced that high. Or at least they should be priced differently in different places (i see the possibility of abuse though). 100$ is not the same for a student in Newyork and a student in Bangladesh.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

Taking the price of FL Studio All Plugins Edition is a bit unfair. Do you really need all IL plugins?

Buy first FL Studio Producer Edition, it includes all you need for work. Then (next year or later) upgrade to FLS Signature Bundle or even All Plugins Edition. I went this route and after years I own all.

upload_2022-12-16_12-23-29.png

Yes, 100$ is a different amount of money from country to country. Sometimes radically different. That's why software developed in Europe or USA cannot be cheap. Especially "niche" one. Developers of software must pay their bill too. I doubt FLS is a "niche" software. But lifetime free updates are very generous offer. They give you updates but you pay for them nothing.