I'm thinking about buying Addictive Drums 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by tommykmusic, Sep 7, 2016.

1. tommykmusic

tommykmusic Noisemaker

I'm thinking about buying Addictive Drums 2 and would like to know if I can use the downloaded kits from R2R with the official purchased Addictive Drums 2?

3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    Why when its all there on the sister site?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. tommykmusic

tommykmusic Noisemaker

I'm talking about the ADpaks. If I buy it I only get 3 official ADpaks and some midi files. What I'm asking is if I were to purchase a licence and use R2Rs ADpaks would it work?

5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Not sure, but I was under the impression EVERYTHING was out there already.

6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Moogerfooger you took the meme right out of my mouth....

my first thought when I saw this in the feed

OP... we like to try before buy... :yes:

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Sorry to put a dampener on things but new ad packs cannot be used with the old version on the sister site. Version 2.1.0 and upwards only. The POP Ad Pack is a perfect example.

As for the initial question of whether or not the cracked packs can work with the legit version. I wish I knew.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I know. They can't. The [k]'ed version gets overwritten by the Online Installer. If you go legit, you have to let go of your AS release.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Im thinking you need to post five more threads and be more specific,im trying realy hard to help, man.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

then i revise my advisory, and simply say.. patience or pay-tience... which do you prefer...?

maybe there is a request already in for the new version... till then I have enough drums... :wink:

11. tommykmusic

tommykmusic Noisemaker

If that's the case, I have Addictive Drums 2 installed on my Mac but it's not working in Pro Tools. How would I go about fixing that?

12. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

In that case, I am going to start playing the bongos to avoid any confusion.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

I'm thinking about buying Ice Cream, and was wondering wich is better Choclate or Vanilla? Anybody?

14. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Both. :rofl:

15. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

He didn't ask anything comparable to your joke. He asked if, when buying an ice cream cone, the scoops from the italien guy in the backyard will fit the cone. Just sayin'

...and vanilla of course!

16. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    What I do is to use the stand alone version to create grooves and choose patterns. Then I drag them into the Pro Tools Window and use Blue Cat's Patchwork to instantiate AD2. I set up the drum kit I want to use beforehand. That way my workflow is the best it can be. My Addictive Drums license lives happily dormant in my computer, out of use.

17. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

I use addictive drums 2 quite a bit and although a dnb programmer this release has it all
    https://audioz.download/software/wi...drums-2-v207-complete-happy-new-year-r2r.html
    Which includes all expantions i believe 20 or so and the even those pop add ons
    So all these recent xpanders to my eyes seem a ploy as its all included...
    Also i have no probs saving my own kits etc etc and reloading them and no crashiong probs neither"
    The best of the all i feel is bfg3 but is a differengt beast altogether.....
    Ive also used superior drummer and quite a few others until finding something im happy with
    I have all addpaks included even reel to reel.
    I personally find all the kits top notch though i fing myself going to session perc n black oyster kits n various ludwig kits...
    Epic filters and excelent flexability when creating your own kits as the eq range is just crazy for all tracks n master...
    Gone off topic i apologise..............

18. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Why buy AD2 when you can get Superior Drummer 2 which is... superior to AD in almost every conceivable way?

19. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

I', not familiar with superior drummer. What features make it superior?

20. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

I have all three, here are my pros and cons for each
    AD2
    Pros- relatively easy to use, lots of good drum kits that sound good with minimal tweaking , good midi library.
    Cons - i find editing and the GUI a bit clumsy, lots of swiping from screen to screen and have to dig in layers to get to what i want
    not internal song editor for building your drum track within the plug in

SD2
    Pros - Straight forward GUI , massive amounts of Libraries and drum kits & midi available. good preset mixes for kits, ability to switch kit
    Pieces from any other kit you have. can use ez drummer libraries as well.
    Cons - no internal song editor so must use a daw or EZ Player Pro.

EZ Drummer2
    Pros - as the name says its EZ, really intuitive, massive sound and Midi library great for getting a basic beat and arrangement going
    Built in song creator can edit and create a complete drum track within the gui and play it there or drag it into your daw as a midi
    file. for use with SD2 or other drum plug in
    Cons- EZ libraries have a lower bit rate then SD-2 but im hard pressed to tell the difference in a fully treated mix & you can't turn off Mic
    bleed

in the end honestly any one of these will serve you well its more on how you like to work which one is best for you. me personally i like using both SD2 and ez drummer as they share the same midi library (cause im not a drummer) build my song in EZ drummer drag and drop the midi out of ezdrummer into my daw on a track driving SD2 then tweak the midi as i like and build my kit accordingly or use a preset as a starting point and go from there. I have used on occasions AD2 with the drum track Midi i created in EZ drummer and most kits are GM or close to GM so all drum maps are close. ( I have also used both AD2 & SD2 or EZD2 together on tracks mixing the 2 I've gotten some amazing & Massive Kick and Snair sounds.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  21. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Essentially the quality and variety of libraries you can buy. Just the jazz kit is more than 50 gb alone : Not sure if AD has anything close to that.

Next, there are also a lot more midi groove add-ons than AD.

Finally when you look at some pro reviews, it's usually Superior Drummer or BFD, not AD. AD is more similar to EZdrummer.