I'm spending hours to find a normal athletic shoe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by samsome, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Josephluke

Josephluke Newbie

I don't think it take more times if you go to WalMart or eBay. There are different types of shoes available. You can order any of them according to your choice. All the best!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Gascoigne

Gascoigne Newbie

Recently, I read about the company Nike on grailify.com, which is considered a popular manufacturer of sports shoes and clothing. Its products are in particular demand, as high quality and technology for production provide many positive properties. And therefore, to buy Nike sneakers prefer both professionals and ordinary people. My friend bought basketball shoes from Nike last year, and they still look like new. To me, they are very durable sneakers.

3. mondomorte

mondomorte Producer

I don't know if you want athletic shoes for actual athletic movement (running, etc) or just as casual wear, but if you want some thing for exercise, I highly suggest looking into zero-drop shoes. These are shoes that do not have a raised heel or much of a platform on the sole, giving you a postural experience more akin to being barefoot or wearing a leather shoe like in ancient times (without the inherent dangers of being barefoot in an urban environment).

Every since I transitioned from New Balance running shoes (a brand I still quite like and wear... check the 574 shoe series hehe) into a drop-sole running shoe, its been a complete game-changer. It was tough on my legs at first since my posture was quite different, but once I got used to it, I've never had a more comfortable, natural, and fast run :)

A lot of them aren't that attractive looking. But they sure are comfortable. I have these for running / exercise: [​IMG]

And yeah, you will find many people talking shit about zero-drop shoes, saying that it is bad for you and all this. I think a lot of that is nonsense and probably coming from people being paid-off by the "normal" shoe industry. Ultimately, it's about what works for the individual and their feet, isn't it?

Buuuuuut.. if you are just looking for a normal shoe, with a normal sole, and that doesn't look like like it is meant for a metrosexual cyborg (like all these new popular runners), you might want to keep looking hehe

4. thedarkbird

thedarkbird Platinum Record

Btw, those stack heights are not only a trend or hype, but a necessary feature to maximize energy return for professional runners. It is no coincidence that new records have been set almost exclusively with Nike Vaporfly (or Alphafly). It is also no coincidence that the World Athletics, as a reaction, have introduced limits to these heights to avoid (further) unfair advantages.

5. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Seems like a new company, must be really hard to find their stores

6. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Since falcon was cracked and the mystery was destroyed under the heavy reality of useless GIGS, UVI is trying win back support by doing The UVI Marathon.

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I missed this when was posted, seems interesting. Gonna look for some info.

8. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Just buy Nike air classics and call it a day.