I'm lost among my templates

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Riddim Machine, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I have a quite a lot of templates, they sound very good in each one's way. Some i go for tubey sounds, others for big console sound, others are just handcrafted signal flows that i liked and worked with my productions. But sometimes i feel lost between choosing an API or SSL 9k, for example, even if i know the sonic differences between each other. They sound different but still are workhorses that can fit anything, BC studios, in general, don't have plenty of consoles and hardware as we have with plugins. So... How to overcome this? I love the sound of API, SSL, oldschool tubes, neves... i want to make music with all of them, but in the end i keep struggling between choosing the right start point. And i don't like to make a fruit salad of plugins in my projects (mixing API, Trident, Neve, Tube, Etc) because the harmonics doesnt always fit with each other, so i like keep myself organized. Any of you guys already passed through this?

3. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Best Answer
    No, I have never gone through this problem.
    In the studio we had mainly SSL consoles. So I took what was there. At home I have my Ghost. So I take what is there.
    I don't know anyone who has more than 2 or 3 different consoles to choose from. Because consoles cost money and space is limited. Usually one is enough for mixing.