I'm looking for a suitable choir VSTI.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aya, Feb 2, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Aya

Aya Member

I don't usually use choir sound, so I know very little about that kind of VSTI, but this time I need one.

It will be used as a pad sound, for a bright feeling male vocal pop, and I would like to find a light, dry, very small scale which wouldn't overcome main vocal. Ah... female sound.

A heavy, large scale, wet, full of ambient, cinematic, religious or full orchestra feeling things are not my interest.

Do you have any good suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

3. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

Best Answer
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Some of the choir and vocal pads in Omnisphere might work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Aya

Aya Member

Hello.
    I'm listening to the demo sounds of both products you told me, and I like Realivox a lot.
    It seems to have quite variable styles of female choir, and some of them could suit for my project, I think.
    Thanks again for the useful info.

Hi.
    I don't use Omnisphere frequently, but I should take a look into it.
    Thank you.

6. Ryan

Ryan Member

I think "Musical sampling - Anthem Choir" should be perfect for that. It's a kontakt library. It's a small choir, in a studio and you can turn the reverb really low which makes should make it more fitting in a non big epic sounding, general popsong. Also, it has a really nice legato version which does really nice transitions. If you blend that with the general choir (assuming you will use more than 1 note at the same time) can help make it sound extra realistic. Also, if the choir gets higher, you can really hear the singer almost using chest voice (I do not know much about singing techniques so I might be wrong here). However, it has that nice effect that if people start to sing on the edge of their range without falsetto, which can sound intense in a good way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Aya

Aya Member

I've listened to it minutes ago.
    It feels like a bit more young, powerful, and also sounds more like raw(?) crowd than professional singers.
    Although I think Realivox would suit my current project more, but I became interested in Antherm Choir's sounds too.
    It is quite a fun, and maybe I could use it with my another project.
    Thanks for letting me know about another good VSTI.

8. Ryan

Ryan Member

Have you checked it out yourself ? I mean, in the demo's I found it more sounding like a "random crowd of people shouting" than in the actual instrument if you use it. But yeah, it's an interesting VSTI for sure apart from if it's useful with you now. It's something a bit new, in a niche that is not fully explored yet.

9. Aya

Aya Member

I haven't tried it, cause I don't have it yet, but I will keep your comment in mind if I use it sometime.
    I've listened to it on here, soundcloud and I agree it is a unconventional choir. :yes:
    ()

10. Ambar

Ambar Producer

would you like this?... it is a VSTi not kontakt library and has a "word builder" you can type anything to sing:
    https://www.soundsonline.com/vocals/hollywood-backup-singers

11. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

This is nice, thanks, it can be useful as concert crowd singalong effect

12. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Check out Heavyocity Free Emotive choir. It may suit your purpose and its free too.

13. Aya

Aya Member

Listening to the demo, it is also cool and have its own character, but I think my current project has a little bit different style from that VSTI.
    I feel like it would really suit a type of black music, which I rarely do.
    Anyway thanks for introducing a good, distinctive instrument.

Ahh... Free!!! Yeah, Free instruments are always welcome, but I think this has a bit cinematic feeling, and is too epic for my current project which needs a lightweight and lovely(?) choir sound.
    However thanks for trying to help.

14. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

Free, but working with ilok. you have also to install a shady "Heavocity portal app". I was curios to test the choir, but this is too much

15. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

That particular choir runs through the Kontakt engine. It works with the free Kontakt player, it's not iLok wrapped.
    The only iLok product they have is "PUNISH", after that, they dropped iLok support afterwards for their VSTi/VST effects.

16. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

Ok this is not ilok protected, but still needs an account into Heavocity website and a sneaky app to be installed in the computer in order to have the Kontakt library downloaded. I won't call that "free" as you are paying the product giving out your privacy.
    I couldn't find any direct link to library, if you have it please publish here, I would like to try this choir

17. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

18. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

I have used EastWest QuantumLeap hollywood choirs. It's script programmable for phonetics and has a built-in word builder. Requires the East/West "play" app. It's about the best one I have used as far as making things sound more "wordy" than just the traditional "ooo's" and "ahhh's", etc... It was a scene release a couple of years ago but it's still quite relevant and still available.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  19. Aya

Aya Member

Hmm... this sounds more like a synth than choir, although some patches have choir feeling. I prefer natural ones at least this time. But this seems to be useful for someone looking for mixed sounds of part-synth and part-choir.

I'm listening to demo, but I feel like this is too epic, wet, cinematic vibe for my project. I think many of choir VSTIs on the market have these kind of feel. Is it right? And actually I don't need 'wordy' sound, and Ahh or Ohh could be enough for now. It's good but not for my song, I think...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  20. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

nice one, so 90s feeling, in a good way

21. Ichos

Ichos Producer

You can find this on the sister site