I'm encountering an issue with RX 11 and Logic Pro related to automatic volume normalization. Could

Discussion in 'Software' started by hggu, Sep 22, 2024 at 3:31 PM.

1. hggu

hggu Newbie

I'm mastering records using Logic Pro and often use RX to remove random clicks in the audio. I have RX integrated with Logic, allowing me to press Shift+W to quickly open an audio region in RX (a useful shortcut I'd recommend setting up).

Today, I encountered a strange glitch I’ve never seen before. After loading the unmastered version of a mix into RX to remove some mouth noises, I selected “overwrite existing file” (which I only do for small, objective changes like removing a digital click). However, the new file turned out to be much louder. Has anyone experienced this or found a solution? I came across a thread where someone fixed a similar issue in Ableton, related to consolidation settings. I could really use some expert insight! I’ve checked preferences, but there’s nothing about automatic normalization.