im crying

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by lovebeats, Oct 27, 2019.

1. retroboy

retroboy Producer

It's happened to the best of us mate. I've lost stuff on floppy disks on Cubase/ Atari ST, Zip disks (remember "The Click of Death"!??), Hard Drives , even CDR's I've mastered to which are now scratched to fook and won't play anymore which I didn't back up. It always seems to happens when you're least expecting it!

2. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Sorry for your loss pal... but listen to this song and try to relax a little so that may the solution "appears" to you.
    Wishing you the best!

3. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

This post was from October 2019, hopefully OP is feeling a bit better now?

I found a potential solution to the problem more recently and thought to add to this thread instead of creating a redundant new one. Maybe OP can change the title? Either way hope all is well now!

4. MichaelPatterson

MichaelPatterson Kapellmeister

Deep sympathy for such a horrible situation, friend. Anyone who's ever done creative work in the tech age knows what a horrible feeling that is. I hope you're able to recover everything somehow.

I have a huge box in my 'tech closet' full of spindles and spindles of burned DVDs containing multiple backups of everything I've ever owned or created digitally, as well as several backup computers and external DVD drives so that I have multiple ways to access those discs. Every time I acquire or create something new, I immediately burn it to a disc. Then on top of that, I have multiple backup HDs of the same, for easier access. The HDs are the first-line backup, and the DVDs are my backup backup.

My system is kind of a hassle to keep up with, but the last time I lost important stuff because of a tech error, I vowed to every god who's ever had a follower that it would never happen to me again.