I'm back but this time, Can Someone Explain These Vocal FX

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Gumnby, Jun 4, 2021.

?

Original is Voice or VST?

1. Voice

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. VST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gumnby

Gumnby Newbie

Mine sounds kind of shitty, it's three vocal stacks in a chorus just recorded on my iphone then heavily processed.

Maybe it is only one vocal making that weird ooh-ooh-ooooh? What do you guys think?
    I think maybe the delay is also unecessary,

but what I really want to know is:
    How do you get the vocals to sound so clean, is it not even vocals at all? Maybe a synth, with a voice sample, I'm not sure how this works. Maybe just some instrument and Singing it is a harder way to make it?

Thanks guys,

Attached Files:

3. Direct drive

Direct drive Producer

Sounds like it has Reverse effect [ you can use Backmask vst] with High pass EQ to clean it up.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

He didn't try to reproduce the reverse vocs.

5. No Avenger

On principle what you've done is correct. I'd apply a low cut at ~ 500Hz, a high cut to reduce ~ 8kHz and above and use less reverb. This should bring you closer.

6. Gumnby

Gumnby Newbie

It is very close! I think better vocal takes, kind of sounds like a woman singing too so maybe some formant change, would bring it very close. Thank you No Avenger!

Third try sounds kind of better, I added a spectral filter whatever that is and just messed with it :dunno:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021

Attached Files:

7. Gumnby

Gumnby Newbie

Lol I looked this up and Freakshow Industries is cool lol, the plug in looks so cursed

8. Howard Carpendale

Howard Carpendale Platinum Record

wtf

[​IMG]

Freakshow Industries is an independent audio effects company, formed by professionally synchronized nervous breakdowns, working in the service of manufacturing troubled nonsense.

We are creators of subversive and ridiculous audio production effects built for sound designers and experimental music producers. We have no intention of making safe and traditional, baby-food smooth, color-by-numbers effects. We mean to dissolve the demons of creative stagnation, opening portals to new and unique sound with exceedingly affordable audio product.

[​IMG]
    You may have noticed that you can steal our software directly from this website. We believe there are legitimate reasons that people steal software. Rather than turn our customers into victims by fighting an endless and futile battle against music software piracy, we’ve decided to be real and talk about it openly.

We believe that people who would buy software will buy software and we would rather give you our effects directly and unencumbered by archaic DRM. At the same time we don't want to force those who won't buy our software into the dark corners of the internet to grab questionable or altered versions of our work. We hope that we impress you enough to buy a t-shirt or make a donation or come back for a purchase later. We believe that trust, generosity and goodwill are principles worth taking a chance on and so we put our continued existence into your hands.

Obsolete media outlets can reach our automata at [email protected].

Get ready for something different. We make audio effects for the end times and… how lucky are we that the end times found us so quickly?

❤️️Please Enjoy❤️️

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. No Avenger

Best Answer
    Correct, your best approach. But you missed the last slope (-3 semis) and a veery tiny bump up, right before it.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

10. Gumnby

Gumnby Newbie

Very good! I appreciate all of the help!