Im after very specific software....

Discussion in 'PC' started by Ayahuasca, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Let me try and explain what im after as best as I can

Im after a piece of software that lets me browse my sample library and lets me audition samples, then lets say I identify a kick drum I like, I want to be able to right click the kick drum so a list of pre-defined folders appear, In the list it would say for example

KICKS
    HATS
    CLAPS
    etc etc

and when I make my selection from the list it sends the file into that folder and removes it from its origional folder

Hope this makes sense :)

3. Benno de Bruin

Benno de Bruin Kapellmeister

You could write batch scripts for that. But why not just move it to a specific folder when listening to it?

4. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

I do, but it can be quite time consuming trying to find the destination folder that the sample needs to be moved to

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  6. Benno de Bruin

Benno de Bruin Kapellmeister

Why not opening two Explorers or Finders next to each other then? Again, a batch script would solve your problem partially. Also have a look at the command line in Foobar, it can do a lot with files. It also used to have a "Move to" option for files, not sure it still does.

Edit: Foobar still has these File Operations
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  7. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

on mac listening to audio and moving files into subfolders is just fine with the finder.

under windows explorer i understand why i can be tricky: when you move a file, the destination window comes to foreground, there are no label colors, and there is also no audio preview.^^

but i guess you can add third party utilities for both of these jobs. one alternative browser and one something to listen to audio.

i was about to suggest snapper https://www.audioease.com/snapper/ but that is mac only.

one click solutions for file handling are great, but that is a typical case where you need to code yourself what you need, even on mac.