iLoud Micro Monitors Love them ? Why? Dislike Them? Why?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by charlie6495, Apr 28, 2020.

?

iLoud Micro Monitor

1. Love Them

83.3%
  2. Hate Them

16.7%
  1. charlie6495

charlie6495 Member

So I'm waiting on my iLoud Micro Monitors to show up in the mail I ordered from guitar center a few days ago. Originally I was gonna go with Yamaha HS5 Being that I live in my grandparents living room and produce music from there but its a living room guys and an apartment in the bronx I can't really have Yamaha HS8 doesn't make sense. Anyways as soon as I saw the iLouds on sale for 229 instead of 300 I jumped on it

3. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

I own 2 sets of iLoud micros. They sound incredible. You can cable them up to your sound card via premium 1/4" TRS to RCA and connect a bluetooth device @ same time. I have them cabled to a RME Babyface Pro to my 8750h studio laptop, and have the internet laptop hooked up via bluetooth for browsing etc.

The speakers are screwed into a NEEWER mic bar attached to a tiny desktop tripod using 3/8" to 5/8"

Both sets of iLouds are mounted using these :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Quali...896811?hash=item2ad5a3a02b:g:06wAAOSw3hxdjku3

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neewer-NW-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-CAMVA...509344?hash=item2cce962ca0:g:WUAAAOSwgQ9V5lX~

4. charlie6495

charlie6495 Member

Dam they're that good you have 2 pairs?? what do you use them for?

5. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

I find them to bright and airy not good for mixing I heard them last year they felt cheap and light
    but a few people do like them. everyone has different needs so if you like them then there is no debate,
    who cares what others think its called ART :) good luck just keep creating

6. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

For the money and deskspace they're great. I use both pairs for writing & producing. One pair in my bedroom using BF Pro, and another downstairs on SFF PC hooked up to ZOOM UAC. To check really low end, I'll use headphones. I mix on a completely different system and sets of speakers, but the iLouds are capable of that as well. The image is great. Small speakers also = less room sound. I highly recommend them - $229 is good price, but you can find them on sale for $199 every now & then.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  7. charlie6495

charlie6495 Member

well right now im using Sterling Mx3 and they're not bad im using them with a UAD Arrow so i dont think they sound too bad but I know I can have better and im upgrading my gear as I've outgrown the beginner stuff you think ill be able to make beats off of them and produce pop/Rap Pop Rock ??

8. odod

odod Rock Star

buy the arc3 also as a completion

9. charlie6495

charlie6495 Member

you think that would help in my living room its not squared off its dining/livingroom L shaped apartment if that makes sense

10. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Never heard of them. Intrigued.

11. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I bought them to take with a laptop and a portable interface. At that time I was recording a band live and I wanted to mix down their stuff in between tracking at the pianist's home. They did the job pretty well. They're not super detailed, but they let you do a rough mix that translates fairly well. If I had to use only those monitors and reference tracks, a mix could be done entirely with them. Best less than 300 bucks.

12. Tob

Tob Platinum Record

I saw this some time ago. They seem to be great speakers for the money, but it seems you need a correction software for them. I mean you can hear a big difference in the sound (quality) of the speakers in this professional treated room, when Mr Warren turns off/on sonarworks at the end, even on YouTube. But they are so small I want a pair.

13. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

I just saw that like i found they were too bright but in this video the Gellies were very dull I think they are being used wrong
    I would use them to test the mix for Small appliances not for detailed editing In that case for detailed edting the micros are great but not to
    mix on Or am i getting it wrong and dont understand please help clear it up for me What are the Micros good for, the video is saying mixing ?