Ilok2 PC and OSX differences

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by erolz, Dec 29, 2015.

1. erolz

erolz Member

Since AudioUtopia have cracked iLok2 for PC, I was wondering if we could expect the same for OSX users.

What are the differences between iLok2 PC and OSX? Is it possible to break down the AudioUtopia crack and use the same technique on the OSX iLok2?

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

That's a legitimate question. Hope you don't get trolled on for asking it. There's enough butt hurt goin on around here as is.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

try to break down the audioutopia crack , good luck

5. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

@erolz
    It is the same between men and women. If you know that you could understand why different Computers/OS needs different implementation of a hardware based protection; crackers teams have to understand well how computer hardware + O.S. + software are used to interaction with iLok. It needs a lot of time.

6. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

I guess it really depends on the method of bypassing the iLok protection. If it was something straightforward, then I wouldn't be surprised if someone implements this on the Mac - depending on whether AutoUtopia want to do it, or share the info with a Mac team - but even if they don't, the fact that it's possible will no doubt make other teams take another look at iLok2.

If it was something more complex that involved hacking some Windows system libraries and implementing custom emulators, then the methods are not necessarily transferable to the Mac platform, directly.

I suggest just forgetting about it until the day it gets done and released.
    Until then, just enjoy the stuff we already have - a good deal of which we already have thanks to openssh.

I think it's likely to happen sooner or later, but if it doesn't, my life isn't any less well-off! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

It's going to take far more work from what I understand (which is next to nothing)... so hopefully, but the resources are not there from what I understand right now to take on the beast!

8. Southparkfan182

Southparkfan182 Member

Whatever happened to openssh anyway?

9. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

anxious people...
    The crack in PC will bring something for mac but why the hurry?
    Work with both OSs is an obligation and the party is already insane big!
    PS is working, he needs time and support but no speculation please.

10. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

He's still around...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. notrace

notrace Producer

Indeed! :)

12. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

There certainly is a demand for an OSX crack of iLok2. OpenSSH did a great job, but replacing Dynamic Libraries is impossible in El Capitan. No, I have not tried the new workaround posted for using OpenSSH stuff without replacing the .dylib in the system; I haven’t read that it's been effected on El Capitan.

13. Hades

Hades Kapellmeister

I use the openssh thingy in El capitan without replacing the orignal ..just directing the AU plug in to the modified one ;-) Altiverb works flawless with this method ;-)
    Very easy if you do a little bit of research ;-)
    The magic word is "csrutil disable" when you place the modified on in /usr/lib/ after that enable csrutil again !!

14. Southparkfan182

Southparkfan182 Member

OH MY GOD ARE YOU HIM???? ARE YOU OPENSSH????

Lool :rofl:

15. Always Grateful

Always Grateful Kapellmeister

PC is for recording and Mac is for live performance of recorded phrases, stems and instrumentals, why waste time

16. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

No but he's still active in other forums I frequent...

17. Always Grateful

Always Grateful Kapellmeister

Dumb, do i need to spell it out these sites are here to help us make music, not to debate OS cracking. Something is given to you appreciate it. We call that liberties criticising for something that is free. Even if it takes years to buy do that rather than say anything. Sir Horsemen, Sir Sunny, Ambassador Fantastic and Lord Strike would back me up on this one. You need to understand the only person behaving like a Troll is yourself.

18. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

it's almost like learning spanish, but saying you understand french immediately after learning spanish.

the differences in PC and MAC are the coding languages. ilok on MAC is coded different than PC, so it may take time to 'figure it out'...if they do/can.

either way, patience is a virtue and a pest.

19. real

real Kapellmeister

Man stop with the MAC/PC debate starter bullshit. Both systems do EXACTLY the same thing as long as they have the specs. Why waste breath bringing that up in this thread?

Also - get off the OP back dude. I can ask a legitimate question AND appreciate free stuff (and chew gum) at the same time. You guys be so eager to be all "angry" on the internet. Chill. Answer the man question or move the F*** on.

20. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

I'm fluent in Spanish and I know shit about french. So yeah, they're not even close :rofl:

To the OP, I think we spend too much time "expecting" things to be released. If I spent the same time mixing that I do checking on new plugin releases, updates, etc... I'd be fucking Steven Wilson :rofl:

21. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

Mac stuff are usually far easier to crack than windows stuff, thats if the cracker is fluent in speaking and understanding the Mac unix language.
    One that note thats the reason we have not seen a mac version yet. it will come but will take a long time.