iLok usable with any other free plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by abhinavjoshua, Jan 3, 2015.

1. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua Noisemaker

Hi,
    I have Pro tools 9 (M Powered) with an iLok. Currently I am using PT 10 (cracked version). Is the iLok usable in any other plugin or something like that which I don't have to buy but can be used just with the iLok?

3. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

there are a lot of freebies once in awhile that pop for advertising uses etc or to turn people on to their products, like last year there were some decent UVI libraries (Mellotron etc), and the great Eventide Ultrachannel which they gave away for free... I would keep my eyes on this forum, because some members here are great at letting us know whats coming out... like Dingus etc,,,,

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yes, Eventide Ultrachannel, Soundtoys Devil Loc was free at some point, then Little Radiator, Little Microshift, and Little PrimalTap if I remember correctly.

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

yup! Sinewave is 100% right, I missed out on a few of those, but Soundtoys has giveaways too.... worth holding onto the iLok crap for just that...

6. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

Is it really worth it? :P

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

My personal opinion is - no. :) But since he uses an iLok, why not? :wink: Soundtoys do make some of the best plugins and Eventide channel must be good, too.

8. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

I wouldn't buy an ilok now for many reasons, I just have one laying around from 10 years ago from Mach5 or something, so I just purposed it for that... I think you can get a lot of the iLok only deals now without a physical iLok as they are going to system software administration type stuff (like (ug) esynchrosoft soft e-licensor etc),... But I have had no problems with it so far interfering with anything. And yes, the Eventide channel is great... All sound toys stuff is as well. I missed out on a lot of those unfortunately (like micro shifter etc), but definitely keeping a sharper eye out now... But again, don't think I would run out an buy an ilok right now...