iLok License Manager Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Catalyst, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I never used this ridiculous iLok garbage so I have a question. I recently got the free VST that Eventide was giving away and activated it on my system. This VST doesn't require an actual iLok key just the iLok License Manager to be installed. Is the license stored locally or on their servers? Do I have to deactivate, reactivate, backup my license? Basically is there anything I have to do before I reformat my system to ensure that this will work when I reinstall it after? Thanks guys. :mates:

3. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Some INFO here @
    Code:
    http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/www/Plugins/UltraChannel/faq.html
    User Manual @
    Code:
    http://ftp.eventide.com/plugins/UltraChannel/UltraChannelManual.pdf

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks Kook. This is why I hate this iLok shit, I have to actually research what I need to do just to reformat my own computer and retain the license. I don't think it's fair that I would have to waste another activation just to reinstall it on the same computer especially since you only get two activations to begin with. I exported the license and backed up the file but there is no way to import. The manual only speaks of transferring to an iLok or another account. :dunno:

5. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

i just install that damn thing on my Mac to get that free eventide channel plugin before it closed the giveaway i havent tried to open any cracked ilok plugins since then i guess they dont work to bad that there is no workaround..

I really not like that "have to be on internet to get your programs to work solution"

6. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

ultrachannel works when not on internet.

anyways... all of ilok's bullshit is worth it just for Soundtoy's Radiator!!!.. :wink: that is one of my absolute favorite plugins... by far.

7. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Yes but you must be on internet to license the damn thing you cant license the plugin offline

8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

iLok is a real pain in the a**!!! Period !!!!

I once had a licens of Melodyne added to an iLok, and it never worked at all, so I had to contact Celemony so I could convert to a plain serial protection instead!

I have a bunch of dongles, and I do all kind of work-arounds to avoid them!

9. copylefter

copylefter Producer

You must be connected just to license it, (actually you can license it on another machine and move the license to the daw)
    then the license is stored on (and tied to) your machine.
    This Pace inlok-less system is not bad after all, not so obtrusive and doesn't have the downside iLok have
    (key suddenly stopping to work, going nuts for 2week to find out it is the only device in the world that works better plugged into an hub with other 7 devices) :rofl:
    the only problem is that is made by Pace = Bullshit . A pita to do simple things like unlicense and relicense after reinstall, ridiculous support, etc. *no*

I don't know where license are stored, or better, I know where (on Mac), but there's nothing in there, visible or hidden. And I have Eventide installed too. :unsure:
    But, the fact you can't find where to put the license, is just cause it's already licensed.
    Be sure when you restore the system and install Eventide, it will ask for its license, and you'll be able to give it hopefully.

If you can't reactivate after system restore, let me know Cat, I may have something for you :grooves:

Don't guess, try :wink:
    You can't do damage. And btw, other tried before you, and I assure you they works.
    Cracked iLoks plugs have Pace calls totally stripped out, but they actually need the presence of Pace extension to work.

ditto *yes*
    You're not the first and you won't be the last :(
    Back in 2010 when XVX pwned ilok2, most of people I know that had legit license (I mean Pro Studios, not hobbyist)
    immediately throw iCrap into a drawer and start using cracked version of the same stuff they had legit license for.
    They actually used to work better too.

Now the thing is changed with iLok2 advent and the need for 64bit, so they turned to use the damn key.